Active Topics

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
ah! frame buffer isn't revealing anything ... and these msgs are hardly readable as they scroll very quickly
You need a serial console

1. Make sure battery is full

2. Take battery out for a full 10 minutes, take out MicroSD and SIM to rule those out.

3. Reinstall battery, Perform full rootfs + eMMC flash

4. If N900 doesn't work, you definitely have a hardware problem. The framebuffer kernel might tell you what it is but you should look into warranty replacement.

The Following User Says Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
ok now I think the problem is bigger than I thought. Took to the nearest Nokia Care - 1 hr travel in train. Person there suggested me to call some 1300 number (Nokia Careline) to make the international warranty as I bought this phone from USA. Without it he said if he put some software other than US's the phone will completely stop. So I called that number and the guy there is saying that if its not booting up its software problem and hence they can't touch it(is it for real) at all so only thing I can do is send it to where I purchased it from which is US and sending it to US and getting back to Australia which is sth I feared the most . So any suggestions guys n does it worth it. thanks

Has anyone who had such booting issue with continuous blinking dots experienced this: At first its like the normal boot, dots blinking. After around ~30 secs I can see that there's touch vibration active (like when you start your device from a fresh reflash as it by default sets the touch vibration on). It kinda feels like, everything is loaded and running in the background, its just these blinking dots not leaving the foreground :@.

They're saying a US model won't work with non-US firmware? I'm pretty sure all the regional firmwares are interchangeable...but try the US firmware just in case.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
did u wait long enough to let it boot when reflashed?
cause the first boot takes some time to load.

and did u flash with global firmware?

ya, one whole night I falshed with global and US firmware and the eMMC as well. I think I'll give it a try with local mobile repair shops. Do youse think they will be able to fix hardware issues if any coz by now I think I'm pretty sure the problem is with the hardware.. thanks

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
did u try masturbating to relieve the tension?

How can i check that my n900 is US model or not ?

Thanks

Originally Posted by ing005 View Post
How can i check that my n900 is US model or not ?

Thanks
I know because I bought it from US