Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
New Rule: If within a four line paragraph your only punctuation is three periods at the end, and it is not written like that for artistic literary effect, you don't get help.

Seriously, less panic, more calm-the-frak-down. Then, A: Did you reboot yet? Reboot. Still have the problem? Do you have rootsh installed? Install it because you might as well have it. Then, open X-Terminal (Ctrl+Shift+X if you hid that too). Enter
Code:
dpkg -l | grep "locker"
Tell us the output. Or, if you want to go straight ahead with it, become root, and then enter
Code:
apt-get purge applocker
That's a lower-case L in the dpkg -l code, and applocker might be app-locker or app_locker or something. I don't know the actual package name, and am too lazy to look.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post

Or, if you want to go straight ahead with it, become root, and then enter
Code:
apt-get purge applocker
I tried to purge. Here's the output:

/home/user # apt-get purge applocker
Reading..................................... package lists... Done
building dependency tree
reading state information... Done
Package applocker is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 33 not upgraded

My problem is not yet solved. Applications are still blocked. May I know, If application is not installed any more, why its been blocked?
If they are blocked why the file name not showing .desktop1?

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
This application was in extras-devel for a reason: it's not for everyone!
You shouldn't install apps from extras-devel if you don't know what you're doing or you don't know anything about linux.
This thread explains what this apps does. If you don't read it, then it's not my problem.
I never updated the app cause seems like nobody likes it.
Some people wants a password, but it can be done with a simple application. Password needs to be implemented in dbus, I think, cause this is the real application laucher.

PS: my english sucks, I know

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Password needs to be implemented in dbus, I think, cause this is the real application laucher.
It's a hack, but you can check what's being started through NameOwnerChanged (see http://live.gnome.org/Vala/DBusClientSamples/Waiting for a Vala example) and use org.freedesktop.DBus.GetConnectionUnixProcessID (http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus...e-bus-messages) to get the PID of the started process so that you can then kill it. Once this is done, you can show your password prompt and if it matches, you can then use org.freedesktop.DBus.StartServiceByName to start the process again. However, that said, maemo-launcher's preloading of certain process may cause havoc and it's quite a bit of work... and a hack

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Hello CepiPerez,
Hey I am not blaming you or anyting that sort. I know, this problem is because of my ignorance. But the fact is that problem is still there.
Do you think, you could help me in flushing out the applocker / blocking of application icons from my phone?

Or can you suggest me a way out so that, atleast I get back blocked applications to be revived.

Thanks,

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
I've implemented the "enter password" in hildon-desktop, but it only works in apps menu. For homescreen icons I think it has to be implemented in hildon-home.
But anyways, if you set a password for image-viewer for example, you can use this app through any file manager .
So, If we don't implement this in dbus, this is not a real password protection app.
Then I decided to implemet this in maemo-af-dbus. I managed to do this in dbus-send. But this is not the real launcher, I need to keep reading the source to figure it out.

@arvind:
I read you have the .desktop files without the "1", so your apps should run fine. Are those files empty?
Sometimes when you change a lot of times the filenames, hildon crashes. Did you try rebooting your phone?

Last edited by CepiPerez; 2010-12-07 at 11:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Pardon meeeeeeeeeeee

----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Many thanks. Issue resolved, I dont know how, but now my device is back to normal

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Turkey
hi guys. i'd the same problem i read ALL first beforu reply it and i try to launch it as it said from xterm. but problem is it that it wright applocker not found ! i'm wrighting correctly i thing, xterminal+applocker+enter=applocker not found. just tell me how to launch it from xterm.
tnx

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Turkey
how u think, is this actual way to solve the problem - so we can in tha first way from the backup save all of the includes n900 and then from file manager choose format the 32gb flash memory... i think its the last way in the galaxy but if it'll be possible to launch it from xterm it'll be grat, waiting ur replays