Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I dont take anything serious on here from anyone so no offence taken.
Been on here long enough to get rattled by my sarasm and wit so your way timid in comparison hahaha... hey enjoy relax and go with the flow as this LOVELY boring forum sometimes needs to be rattled itself as it starts to lose its momentum hahaha.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
You lot aint got a clue most of ya just have no idea what actually happens to a device that has micro components.

Here is a PROPER guide to the only solution you should ever do.

Strip the device down so you have every board and sub board seperated and ready to wash,
use hot soapy water (not boiling) toothbrush and then literally wash and scrub every board at least 2 times soaking it in the water after each scrub.
Be careful of the camera components but can still be washed accordingly.
Rinse the lot in hot water change the water for the rinse each time. and then get hair dryer or similar and dry the lot out, re-assemble and you give your device a chance of life !!.

Now failure to do this you will end up with corrosion setting in that can take MONTHS to develop, i have seen the results of a so called use rice use silicon etc etc and quite frankly it dont get rid of the chemicals that reside on the pcb,s that start the destruction process of any pcb.
I have an N800 that I used the "just wait" solution on. It cured itself in a few weeks. That was years ago, and it's still fixed. Apparently I'm immune to the corrosion you guaranteed.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Geneven do you never learn anything or are you just hell bent on throwing sarcasm ha.
Thank yourself very lucky but if your N800 has been subject to a bath then you will have corrosion of some degree unless it was plain clean water it got a bath in..., you are just lucky for now but it can take a long time to break down.

What would we do without your sarcasm on here i wonder hahaha.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
Rice *does* help. Haven't you ever seen rice in the salt you use in the table?
I suspect its purpose is to attract water molecules from the air onto the rice rather than to the salt. In the case of electronic equipment I doubt the rice will be able to suck water from the nooks and crannies where it may hiding. Best is to stick it in an airing cupboard or similar for a couple of days.

Tags
set it on fire