Notices

Just found out about this app. Glad someone created something for Maemo. The answer is probably no, but any chance to get this running in Diablo?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
Just found out about this app. Glad someone created something for Maemo. The answer is probably no, but any chance to get this running in Diablo?
Unfortunately, I don't think that Qt 4.7 exists for Diablo. If/when it happens, then it should be pretty simple to compile it for Diablo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Thanks. Figured that was the case, but I haven't followed maemo very closely, so wasn't sure if I'd missed something.

Most of the articles seem to be blank (well, a black page, maybe it's black on black?) -- One article I've saved seems fine, but all the rest are just black (they work fine on the web client, btw)

I've tried the obvious things (reinstalled, hit "reset all", manually deleted the sqlite database & ini files and then resynced)

Anyone have any other ideas?

There is a bug in the QML/Webkit plugin on the N900, which causes pages to be rendered black on black by default. Lukija is supposed to force the background of the pages to be white, but I guess that might break on some pages.
Do you have examples of pages that are black on black (maybe send by private message if you don't want to tell everyone your readings)?

Actually, it seems like pretty much every page can be made to appear black on black. The first page in the list (as displayed in lukija) displays correctly, but all the rest are black.

I can "reset all" in lukija & delete it's sqlite database; then go to readitlaterlist.com and mark the top article as unread. Then back in lujika I resync, and now the first article displays fine (when the same article was previously second on the list it was black)

Sorry, not sure if that made sense
But basically I can make any article display fine or all black simply by changing the order of articles in my list.

[Edit]
This is an example of a page I've tried: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ect?CMP=twt_fd (so, to confirm, it's visible fine if it's the first page in the list, black on black if the page is in any other position)

Last edited by thegman; 2011-05-10 at 18:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to thegman For This Useful Post:
thegman, I'm not able to reproduce any of that. Are you using PR1.3? Do you have the CSSU installed? Do you have any other versions of Qt installed?

PR1.3. Latest CSSU. Bunch of QT libraries from extra-devel (just stuff that was auto installed with other apps. I can dump a list if you want, but basically nothing outside extras-devel)

I did a bit more testing, and it appears that the non-working page is black in portrait or landscape with forced rotation (the original bug of mine) -- note that with forced rotation from CSSU, there is a bit of a double rotate in lukija, but the app does go to portrait mode

If I use the statusbar applet to lock the device in landscape mode, lukija still rotates (as do other QML apps like twimgo) -- but this time, the non working pages are all black in landscape mode and all white in portrait mode

Is there any further debug I can enable
Running it from terminal gives me:
Code:
loaded the Generic plugin
loaded the N900 plugin
QColor::setNamedColor: Unknown color name 'Portrait'

The Following User Says Thank You to thegman For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the detailed explanation, thegman. But I'm really not sure what's going on. I guess I'll try to install the CSSU some time this week, and see if I can reproduce it.

The app is supposed to lock its window in Landscape, and handles the portrait rotation within that window (you can turn it around upside-down, and it's much faster than the PR1.3 window rotation). So the force rotation mode in CSSU could cause some layout weirdness, but the pages shouldn't be all white, or black.

thegman, I can confirm that it is caused by the version of Qt that's included in the CSSU. But no idea why, or how to get around it yet.