Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Yep i looked at that DeJaVu and i reckon he is trolling for sure.

What a whiny post, do you expect people to be mind readers? You started a post on this problem and told everyone two months ago that you had found the problem app/widget was DCEW. You never posted a follow-up on that thread, saying that that wasn't the problem. How do you expect your problem to be solved, if you told everyone your problem was solved by removing a problematic widget, just like they suggested?

Last edited by pataphysician; 2011-03-09 at 13:51.

Hey guys,

I had the same problem from time to time. Mine had a problem with as-daemon and sometimes other stuffs I don't even know of.

My solution was to 1st back up everything with the backup app, then delete the calendardb (which seemed to be grosely big for me around 200mb sometimes) or back ip up as calendardb.bak using FileBox app and replace it with an original one from when you flash both rootfs and eMMC (without restoring anything).

But the inconvenience is the problem seems to come back from time to time.

I hope this can help. Let me know.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Did you flash BOTH images because no way you get crashes of ANY kind when it is working at "stock" level.

You need to completely flash and get back to square one before you can complain because i can tell you nobody on this forum is having problems you describe AFTER as you say flashing it.

Go back to begining and start again is the only way and if it still the same problems you describe then get it back to Nokia care cos no one can help you any further here.
No no, it works fine on stock. But obviously i need the standard apps,
which are :
FB widget
conversation inbox

Just earlier today, hildon-home crashed twice with in 15 min. I just dont understand why! If there are problematic apps, why aren't they fixed? Why are this apps not fixed and are still available for download?

Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
What a whiny post, do you expect people to be mind readers? You started a post on this problem and told everyone two months ago that you had found the problem app/widget was DCEW. You never posted a follow-up on that thread, saying that that wasn't the problem. How do you expect your problem to be solved, if you told everyone your problem was solved by removing a problematic widget, just like they suggested?
The only answer i got back from every one was the same.

Find problematic apps and stop using them. Now how is that useful you tell me?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Good question! And who is the most likely person to do the fixing? That would be the one who has total access to your N900 -- you.

Send it to me (and pay round trip shipping to California) and I'll work on it. As long as you have it, the primary work on fixing it has to be done by you.
If i had knowledge on programming python and Linux i would have fixed this problem my self. I'm here asking for help because i do not know how to fix it and i am already really pissed off with it.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
You don't need any programming at all. All you might need in Linux is the ability to follow instructions.

I'm with those who don't believe you have flashed your phone properly.

If you are sure absolutely you have flashed it completely and properly, it's time to get another phone. What is happening to you doesn't happen to hardly anyone. Flashing would fix it if it did.

I suggest you start over. Flash, and describe to us exactly how you did it. Then don't reinstall ANY programs and tell us how your N900 is working.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
which are :
FB widget
conversation inbox

Just earlier today, hildon-home crashed twice with in 15 min. I just dont understand why! If there are problematic apps, why aren't they fixed? Why are this apps not fixed and are still available for download?
Out of all of those I think conversation inbox is the only not supplied by a major company (e.g. coming from a developer on maemo.org). Facebook widget coming from Facebook. And e-mail coming from Nokia.

And as to why it's not fixed. Because developers either don't have the time or they don't care. Or they've moved onto greener pastures (another device).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
which are :
FB widget
conversation inbox

Just earlier today, hildon-home crashed twice with in 15 min.
This is actually useful information...

First off, do you have e-mail setup to auto-check your mail? If so, have you tried turning that OFF to see if it helps? 15 minutes sounds like a nice interval to check mail... Or a multiple there of. If your ISP is having issues, or you're having connectivity issues it could in fact lock up things over time.

Second, when you've done your flash and reinstall have you restored from a backup? If so, DON'T! A backup tars up system essential files, including several databases for email, contacts, settings, etc. If the problem is a bad database, doing a restore could put you right back to where you were. (Have you tried purging your sms database by removing it via xterm? That causes lots of problems like this when corrupted and you get new sms.)

What I would do it I were you is as follows:
  • Sync with another device (Outlook, Google, another phone, etc).
  • Reflash the N900 with a custom flash image.
  • Do a forced push/sync from the device you synced with (this will restore your contacts and calendar without restoring the whole database).
  • Setup email without auto-checking.

If that works, slowly turn things on, like email auto-check, adding apps, at the rate of one or two a day.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
This is actually useful information...

First off, do you have e-mail setup to auto-check your mail? If so, have you tried turning that OFF to see if it helps? 15 minutes sounds like a nice interval to check mail... Or a multiple there of. If your ISP is having issues, or you're having connectivity issues it could in fact lock up things over time.

Second, when you've done your flash and reinstall have you restored from a backup? If so, DON'T! A backup tars up system essential files, including several databases for email, contacts, settings, etc. If the problem is a bad database, doing a restore could put you right back to where you were. (Have you tried purging your sms database by removing it via xterm? That causes lots of problems like this when corrupted and you get new sms.)

What I would do it I were you is as follows:
  • Sync with another device (Outlook, Google, another phone, etc).
  • Reflash the N900 with a custom flash image.
  • Do a forced push/sync from the device you synced with (this will restore your contacts and calendar without restoring the whole database).
  • Setup email without auto-checking.

If that works, slowly turn things on, like email auto-check, adding apps, at the rate of one or two a day.
I can confirm with you that i have completely flashed my phone properly. About the Email part. I'm not to sure about it, but i know i have it to receive automatically when there is an email. But i will try your method.

Tags
bada rox, dam problem, dam trolling, facepalm