Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Not at all, unless you want to save as much battery as possible.
So QCPUFreq won't cause any more processor damage but will affect battery life more? Will XLV be a better choice?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
So QCPUFreq won't cause any more processor damage but will affect battery life more? Will XLV be a better choice?
First, there is no evidence that ANY overclocking setting has ever caused ANY processor damage on ANY N900.

XLV MIGHT be a better setting. If you use XLV and it seems to cause crashes, DON'T USE IT. Different N900s ARE DIFFERENT.

Read the overclocking docs on the Wiki.

First, there is no evidence that ANY overclocking setting has ever caused ANY processor damage on ANY N900.

XLV MIGHT be a better setting. If you use XLV and it seems to cause crashes, DON'T USE IT. Different N900s ARE DIFFERENT.

Read the overclocking docs on the Wiki.
I have read them, but the wikis give me a headache - i end up more confused than i was before (this is equally true of the flashing wiki; i can flash my device fine but reading the wiki yesterday after not flashing for 5 months confused the hell out of me)

By asking a few questions here the information is much better, and anyone else with similar problems can get easy to understand information too

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The flashing Wiki is confusing. The overclocking docs aren't. The basic message here is that you have to try these things out and see how they work on your N900. The settings such as Ideal have an order. You should use the one that undervolts as much as possible. Since ideal isn't working for you, try the next one in order. If that one doesn't work well for you, try the next one in order. Default is the same one as your N900 uses.

And you talk about asking questions as if no one has done that before. Thousands of questions have been asked and answered.

Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
default sucks more battery than lv
default>lv>ulv>xlv>ideal

kernel-config load lv(ideal/ulv/xlv/default)
kernel-config limits lowerlimit upperlimit(like kernel-config limits 250 600)
kernel-config save p1(any name u want )
kernel-config load p1(every time u reboot)
What about starving profile?

The flashing Wiki is confusing. The overclocking docs aren't. The basic message here is that you have to try these things out and see how they work on your N900. The settings such as Ideal have an order. You should use the one that undervolts as much as possible. Since ideal isn't working for you, try the next one in order. If that one doesn't work well for you, try the next one in order. Default is the same one as your N900 uses.

And you talk about asking questions as if no one has done that before. Thousands of questions have been asked and answered.
I'm running XLV now at 900, seems to be ok

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Had same problem as you, except for me it rebooted after 2 -3 hours, not instantly. Now I made my own voltage table which is somewhere between ulv and lv. Do you want I post my settings here?

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Had same problem as you, except for me it rebooted after 2 -3 hours, not instantly. Now I made my own voltage table which is somewhere between ulv and lv. Do you want I post my settings here?
Yeah that'd be great, thanks

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
extract and place in /home/user/.kernel

and use
Code:
sudo gainroot
kernel-config load mycfg
Attached Files
File Type: tar Mycfg.tar (10.0 KB, 68 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post: