Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by FirebirdFeuervogel View Post
I'm getting my official n800 case at a huge discount, you can get one for FREE with a preorder of Duke Nukem Forever! They'll even ship them together for you!
Dude, I am SO sold. I have been wanting that Duke Nukem game for, like, ever. I guess I just keep missing these promotions. But now the game AND an official N800 case! Nirvana is here.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
yeah. I wanted this 6 months ago..

but
Our Price: $43.95
Availability: Due Sunday 2nd September
at
http://www.mobileplanet.com/d.aspx?i=144920

is going to make me wait until I decide.

$44 for a case is a lot. Especially as I have lasted 6 months with out it LOL
It's not even a full case - just a flap! Maybe it's so expensive because the magnets are so damned strong... not sure I want to walk past anything metallic with this in my pocket, it might be ripped out of my jacket Alien-style.

Since this was promised "in a few weeks" I'm beginning to worry about any estimates from Nokia where we are promised "weeks and not months"... hmm OS 2007 HE anyone?

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
The official Nokia N800 Case is now showing on Expansys UK with a 10 day estimate at £24.95.

This is an update from the previous "discontinued" status, so it looks like things are moving in the right direction at last!
About f@&ing time is all i've got to say.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC

Originally Posted by phi View Post
Buy.com says they have it in stock

http://www.buy.com/prod/nokia-su-31-...204647399.html
"Nokia SU-31" looks a little different to the image of the "official case" seen so far... will you be buying this case from Buy.com? The buy.com image could just be a placeholder, or Nokia have changed the design... expansys UK are still showing 31 August for expected availability, although I'm not holding my breath.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Is that in the stylish black or the attractive red?

I've checked this model number and confirmed it is a Nokia product number and not an OEM.

I just ordered mine from buy.com .. thanks for the heads up! I'm in London on business for a couple of days and was going to see if I could find it tomorrow even though the exchange rate sucks! No need now!

Regards,
David

"Nokia SU-31" looks a little different to the image of the "official case" seen so far... will you be buying this case from Buy.com? The buy.com image could just be a placeholder, or Nokia have changed the design... expansys UK are still showing 31 August for expected availability, although I'm not holding my breath.

Actually there is no buy.com image at all - I found a few examples (all the same) on the web by Googling for "Nokia SU-31" and mistakenly attributed one of the images to buy.com. None of the images look like the Nokia case on expansys or the Nokia UK web site... it will be interesting to see what buy.com are offering if anyone goes ahead with a purchase.

With free shipping I did order one. Worse case, I pay $4 to return it to them. I had checked with two other resellers who confirmed that the product is sold by Nokia and is not an 3rd party product. We'll know in time and I'll report back.

Actually there is no buy.com image at all - I found a few examples (all the same) on the web by Googling for "Nokia SU-31" and mistakenly attributed one of the images to buy.com. None of the images look like the Nokia case on expansys or the Nokia UK web site... it will be interesting to see what buy.com are offering if anyone goes ahead with a purchase.

I have now received the SU-31 from buy.com and can report that it is an official manufacturer release product. It is 'just a flip cover that has an imbedded magnet that firmly connects with a magnet under the front bottom faceplate of the device. There is a glue on magnet that adheres to the back cover of the N800 and then connects with an imbedded magnet on the back of the SU-31.

There are two additional large magnets that come with it so that you can adhere them to other surfaces (fridge as suggested in the document that comes with the SU-31).

I have to say, after purchasing the Boxwave leather case and finding the fit / finish to be sub-par, and having the Boxwave case make using the hardware buttons with the tips of your fingers difficult, I think that this sort of cover is the only real solution.

I'm happy to take some photos if anyone is interested. Let me know.

I have also ordered the Flexiskin from Boxwave and expect to have it early next week for comparison purposes.

Regards,
David