Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
I mean, from chrome is playing a youtube video (in metro mode) then i switch to desktop, the sound from youtube stops. It's annoying. And i'm not really into the side by side style.
Get a new app that works in the background. I found an app that even integrates with the music controls (one that appears with the volume in the upper left corner).

I don't want a separate app just for this purpose. Windows should have true multitasking, come on!

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
I don't want a separate app just for this purpose. Windows should have true multitasking, come on!
It does, multitasking is working perfect, but I still prefer my desktop mode. Check the built-in video player. Click play and then minimize, it's logical the video is going to stop because you are not WATCHING IT, it will be a waste of resources to continue the playback (think logical), a video is TO BE WATCHED not to be listened. If you want to listen get the MP3 and you are trough this problem.

Exactly that's the point with youtube or any other website opened in IE on METRO, if you minimize, why should it use backgroud resources if you're not using it. Get a proper app for that, and stop complaining!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Click play and then minimize, it's logical the video is going to stop because...
...because Microsoft knows what you want better than you do!

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
...because Microsoft knows what you want better than you do!
Yes, yes they do, why? Because if everybody would know what's best for them (computer area) there will be a world filled with programmers running linux, and doing whatever they want. There will be no computer identical to another.

As long as inexperienced people run Windows, they will have to offer the best "non-problematic" experience ever, meaning that the OS from now on have to "think" what's better for you and for your device.

Experiment: Go on the street, go to a stranger and ask him what would you use: linux - fully customized, open source etc. etc. this is what you can do etc. etc. or windows, that... just works, no customizations, it just works. Get the answer and write it here.

Think twice before making a statement!

at least I know my N9 can do better

Updated. Seems nicer than before i guess.