Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mcow
This may be possible if canola-cleanup removed some package telescope depends on. I'm not familiar with canola, so i have no idea whan canola-cleanup removes

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hiya Mitrandir!

Did you ever decide to use this feature?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=231

If there are only two apps running, just switching the screen seems like the right way to do this.

Peace.

Hi, Addison!

From the one side, this is of course the optimal behavior then only two windows are open. But from the other side, this can break the logic and "Home→Tap" pattern. I think we could have this as optional feature that can be enabled in config file.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Looks like it might have been fixed in rc14.
Nope, I just restarted Telescope and X dropped from 23meg to 10meg.

auouymous, could you provide me with concrete step list that reproduces a problem? Because i have been trying to reproduce this in different ways but without success. In my case i had always saw X memory usage dropped just after closing application to the value that was before its start +/- 100kb.

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
auouymous, could you provide me with concrete step list that reproduces a problem? Because i have been trying to reproduce this in different ways but without success. In my case i had always saw X memory usage dropped just after closing application to the value that was before its start +/- 100kb.
When I first posted this problem I was able to reproduce it by opening and closing apps while switching to Telescope in between. I haven't been able to reproduce it since rc14 because it now takes much longer to leak memory. I can keep WifiInfo, Tear, Maemopad+ and PDF reader all running simultaneously for several days now before I have to restart Telescope. With rc12 I had to restart Telescope every day.

Write down the size of X and check it again after several days of use (without a reboot of course), if it has increased, try restarting Telescope and see if it decreases.

Last edited by auouymous; 2011-08-11 at 05:03.

Okay, I must carefully check again if all X resources are freed accurately...

Any chance Telescope could mark iconized windows on the thumbnails? My new titlebar hack allows windows to be iconized but Telescope doesn't update them while in this state so an indicator of some kind would be nice to know the thumbnail isn't current and also to show what windows won't appear when swiping horizontally on titlebar. While I testing I also noticed that other themes (non-Diablo5) have minimize buttons so this might benefit them as well.

This is possible of course. Telescope is not able to track window's content while it is iconified, but I can add markin its thumbnail with something. But you will nedd to choose icon that will have clear meaning for all users, not only users of Diablo5 or your hacked titlebar.

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
This is possible of course. Telescope is not able to track window's content while it is iconified, but I can add markin its thumbnail with something. But you will nedd to choose icon that will have clear meaning for all users, not only users of Diablo5 or your hacked titlebar.
@ Kroll, please make an icon.

The window is sort of sleeping so maybe a sleeping emoticon:
http://images.google.com/search?q=sl...urce=univ&sa=X

Or maybe display a checkered pattern over the thumbnail to give it a grayed out appearance but not so much that you can't recognize the contents. This wouldn't require any icons that could be confused for something else, like thinking the minimized mplayer process was sleeping and not draining the cpu.