Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by unoace View Post
I followed and nothing happened.
You can also start it from console. Just say "debian" as root. If it does not work, check what is logged to console.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
You can also start it from console. Just say "debian" as root. If it does not work, check what is logged to console.
~ # debian
/bin/debian: line 30: can't create /dev/stderr: Permission denied
/bin/debian: line 49: can't create /dev/stderr: Permission denied
ls: /home/user/MyDocs/debian*.img*: No such file or directory
ls: /media/mmc1/debian*.img*: No such file or directory
/bin/debian: line 49: can't create /dev/stderr: Permission denied

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Are you sure you have the debian image in correct place?
Where is it, and what are yo using?
For example this works:

~ $ ls -la /home/user/MyDocs/debian*.img*
-rw-r--r-- 1 user root 2147483648 Jan 19 18:48 /home/user/MyDocs/debian-m5-v3e-Sci-2GB.img.ext2

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I installed it, not sure what you mean by correct place

I'm a noob lol

Well, for the stargup script to find & access the loop FS the image has to be located in MyDocs and be named "debian-something-or-so"

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hmm, I think i've got myself into a sticky situation whereby my Iceweasel using the recommended debian image doesn't work...

I've been messing around with the Dali-Fennec so maybe its as a result of that. I've deleted the debian image and uncompressed it again but to no avail.

Any idea on where the configuration is located so that i can delete it and start over or something to remedy this?

Another thing I wanted to confirm is that there is no usuable X-Term within Easy Debian right? As I see its still on the wish-list in the OP but was wondering if there has been any progress on that.

Thanks!

Did you try looking in /home /user/.mozilla as fennec does modify that, and debian also mounts it as the home directory....?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Did you try looking in /home /user/.mozilla as fennec does modify that, and debian also mounts it as the home directory....?
Ah yes that was the one

I had moved it to .mozilla.old as i used the dali-fennec's .mozilla there... Its fixed now. Thanks!

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-01-21 at 11:03.

Well, for the stargup script to find & access the loop FS the image has to be located in MyDocs and be named "debian-something-or-so"
Create a folder and do what?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by unoace View Post
Create a folder and do what?
I'm not sure they said anything like that...

The image file should begin 'debian' and have the file extension '.img'. Ensure this file is in the folder '/home/user/MyDocs/' - if it isn't, move it there.

This folder already exists and there is no need to create another.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post: