Active Topics

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
As I recall, this was PRECISELY the reason why the Amiga computers used yellow text on blue background almost universally all over the system. I remember those studies came out to influence the design at the time.
I think it is possible to customise both the background and text colours in FBReader.

I never would have thought of combining yellow text with a blue background though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I'm using Moon+ Reader. It is very customizable and seems to support more formats than the android version of fbreader.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by noal View Post
What does everybody think of the HTC Sensation?

To be honest, with me owning a tab and my partner having a galaxy s, I really want to try a different company for once!

I have never owned an HTC product, had little plays here and there, and frankly the Sensation looks, er, Sensational!
holy moly! just looked at the specs and it's quietly brilliant! hoping that there will be a 850/1900/2100 or ATT/Rogers 3g Bands....

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
holy moly! just looked at the specs and it's quietly brilliant! hoping that there will be a 850/1900/2100 or ATT/Rogers 3g Bands....
Its being exclusively launched for Tmobile so unfortunately I wouldn't hold your breath. Wish there were more quad band 3g phones.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Right now this [Galaxy SII] is the only alternative I would consider to my N900 (no damn fm transmitter though). But of course here in the US - no release date is even on the horizon. We have to wait for our telcos to completely fark up the phone before it can be pushed here.
Really? That's weird cause you overlooked the fact IT DOESN'T HAVE A QWERTY!!

I was going to import the EPIC 4G despite its mediocre qwerty and PenTile display, but it doesn't work on GSM (fail!).

Man when will any OEM make an Android (or MeeGo/Maemo) phone that's like the E7 but with a better screen and an A9 under the hood?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Really? That's weird cause you overlooked the fact IT DOESN'T HAVE A QWERTY!!

I was going to import the EPIC 4G despite its mediocre qwerty and PenTile display, but it doesn't work on GSM (fail!).

Man when will any OEM make an Android (or MeeGo/Maemo) phone that's like the E7 but with a better screen and an A9 under the hood?
And you overlooked the fact that I said I was keeping my N900 specifically for work that requires the qwerty and the Inspiration would be a phone to develop on and use as a main phone/media server.

But please do go on.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
WOOT! Today at http://www.woot.com!

enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook Android Tablet and e-Ink Reader
http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=17398

Apparently, it's BOTH an LCD screen tablet on one side and an eInk reader on the other side... with RESISTIVE touchscreen (I think on both sides?) and comes with a stylus.. AND it has a front-facing camera... AND it has both a HOST mode USB port as well as device mode mini-USB port.

CRAZY! Only $149.99 today at Woot (they're a one-day sale store), so if you're interested you only have today to buy it.

The cons, as I see it... it runs Android 1.6 (DONUT!) and, although my research shows that it's pretty easy to root and that the source code for the kernel has been released, nobody seems to have done anything with it so far as far as ROMs like CyanogenMod. Shame--this looks like it would have EASILY knocked the Nook Color off as the cheapest decent Android tablet out there if it had more of a fanbase supporting it with ROMs.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
WOOT! Today at http://www.woot.com!

enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook Android Tablet and e-Ink Reader
http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=17398

Apparently, it's BOTH an LCD screen tablet on one side and an eInk reader on the other side... with RESISTIVE touchscreen (I think on both sides?) and comes with a stylus.. AND it has a front-facing camera... AND it has both a HOST mode USB port as well as device mode mini-USB port.

CRAZY! Only $149.99 today at Woot (they're a one-day sale store), so if you're interested you only have today to buy it.

The cons, as I see it... it runs Android 1.6 (DONUT!) and, although my research shows that it's pretty easy to root and that the source code for the kernel has been released, nobody seems to have done anything with it so far as far as ROMs like CyanogenMod. Shame--this looks like it would have EASILY knocked the Nook Color off as the cheapest decent Android tablet out there if it had more of a fanbase supporting it with ROMs.
Looks kind of chunky but at that price you can't go wrong.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Asus is reportedly already hard at work on a Tegra 3 tablet:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/04/a...based-tablets/

I told you, these PC manufacturers know how to iterate... quickly. Expect a whole slew of machines with similar specs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Asus is reportedly already hard at work on a Tegra 3 tablet:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/04/a...based-tablets/

I told you, these PC manufacturers know how to iterate... quickly. Expect a whole slew of machines with similar specs.
Saw that.Not a huge fan of the Tegra chip to be honest but it was impressive none the less. Of course technology is always this way. If you always waited for the next big thing then you would never buy anything

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy