Active Topics

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by phishbone View Post
Any ideas what this might be?
checked logs again. Have no idea what could cause such issue. I'll keep in mind this problem (perhaps we'll find the root cause).

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
When I set up my Mail for Exchange on my N9, I thought I'd let it declare itself a provisioning device to the exchange server to see if it worked. It applied my work's policy, which was way too fussy with locking the phone every 15 mins so I disabled it again.

The security control panel applet let me disable the auto-lock after x minutes, but that's as much as it shows. I'm still stuck with entering my lock code at boot, and can't change the lock code to any previous code. I can't unset the lock code either.

Is there a file I can edit to get rid of this stuff? Or is a factory reset the only way?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Maybe this has been explained, but I have my mfe with hotmail to sync every hour, the problem is that for some reason every time it wants to connect it says transfer failed and I have to do it manually. When I do it manually everything goes smoothly, is there a reason for this and how would I fix this?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Im having trouble setting up my hotmail account
Im newbie and dont know what mail for exchange means, I dont know if that's an option for me
but for regular mail, I entered my hotmail address and password, it woked the first tme, but now whenever I hit mail and refresh I get error occurred, any help with that?
Thx

Originally Posted by anis_ber View Post
Im having trouble setting up my hotmail account
Im newbie and dont know what mail for exchange means, I dont know if that's an option for me
but for regular mail, I entered my hotmail address and password, it woked the first tme, but now whenever I hit mail and refresh I get error occurred, any help with that?
Thx
Delete the account and reenter it. You need to make sure you leave domain blank and for username just retype your hotmail user id.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

I have problem with syncing with our work mail which is mail for exchange the problem seems to be with the certificates.

Is it trying to connect to the domain name or straight to the exchange.domain.com because if it tries to connect to domain.com it finds another certificate at that location? All is okey if im connected to wireless lan at work!

Attached logfile!

EDIT: Fixed in PR 1.1

Last edited by aldera; 2011-11-09 at 06:31.

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Delete the account and reenter it. You need to make sure you leave domain blank and for username just retype your hotmail user id.
I did setup MfE now, however what are the value of these:

peak time inteval (default is 20min)
off-peak time interval (default is off)

Originally Posted by anis_ber View Post
I did setup MfE now, however what are the value of these:

peak time inteval (default is 20min)
off-peak time interval (default is off)
I set mine to an hour each... though I am also having problems, it syncs, but the sync fails...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

More google problems:

sometimes google thinks it is time to resync and mfe happily grants the request.

It usually means the whole address book gets dropped and re-fetched.

Guess what happens if network connectivity fails or even more stupid, phone drops connection because it activates power saving mode.

And even if it does not, all favorites are trashed and all gtalk merged contacts explode.

I'm not sure if it was answered already, is there any way to use LDAP address directory on N9?

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950