Active Topics

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
agreed. patchmanager is NOT EQUAL with patches it applying.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Can we just paste the github content somewhere on our devices or will we have to wait for someone to provide a rpm?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yep, you can.

/usr/share/patchmanager/patches/

Folders are named base-something and adv-something for base and advanced patches respectively. The contents are the same.

Make sure you only replace uninstalled patches.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Built some RPMs - in the original post above. Not tested. Also make sure to disable all affected patches before installation.

so did the silly thing of updating without unapplying the patches, none lf them remove now and.i've tried uninstalling the packages

Are you on update 9? The old patches can't be installed on it and the new patches can't be installed on the old one.

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
so did the silly thing of updating without unapplying the patches, none lf them remove now and.i've tried uninstalling the packages

I was on 9, i updated to teh latest one with the patches installed, i try to disable them from latest version(am guessing update 10) but i get a failed. I can see the patches arent in effect though

Hi! This is crutch i did for me.
Makes launcher 5x6. But permanently can't unapply patch.
Just replace /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherGrid.qml with this one. Don't forget to backup this. Then go to PM and restart services.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LauncherGridpatched.qml.zip (4.7 KB, 56 views)

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I am not sure about the removing of patches before update, why is that necessary in the first place? Update 9 was quite extensive which means it overwrites pretty much all the qml files that are patched; why is it necessary to unapply the patches before upgrade?

Reapplying the patches after the upgrade is a different thing alltogether, that should not be done until you have new patches that are compatible with 1.1.0.39 Uitukka.

I wanted to be on the safe side by placing the warning. However, if he had the old patches applied, then he didn't have update 9 in the first place.

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os