Active Topics

oh crap, welcome me to the elite club!
I have three unlimited licenses, all of them useless.
I wish I knew I have to backup the damn .navicore folder before flashing my 770/N810.

welcome. lol

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Originally Posted by MicroChip123 View Post
I have a fix only if you have bought it and have a settings backup of when it was full activated.
Can you help me here, I wonder, please?

I have been going a bit nuts and glad to find this thread. Basically my original N800 is a bit the worse for wear having been cheerfully abused by my 3 year old grandson (bless him) so I bought a second hand N800 in pristine condition to replace it.

Navicore needs to be deactivated on the old handset and then re-activated on the new.

I couldn’t understand why my deactivation request was met with “Licensing Error/An unknown error (0) has occurred”.

Since it is clear that neither Navicore, Wayfinder nor Vodafone will help, how can I spoof the deactivation/reactivation process on the relevant devices?

This is legitimate software that I purchased with a lifetime licence so I am not being shady in any way.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Rebski View Post

I have been going a bit nuts and glad to find this thread. Basically my original N800 is a bit the worse for wear having been cheerfully abused by my 3 year old grandson (bless him) so I bought a second hand N800 in pristine condition to replace it.

Navicore needs to be deactivated on the old handset and then re-activated on the new.

I couldn’t understand why my deactivation request was met with “Licensing Error/An unknown error (0) has occurred”.

Since it is clear that neither Navicore, Wayfinder nor Vodafone will help, how can I spoof the deactivation/reactivation process on the relevant devices?

This is legitimate software that I purchased with a lifetime licence so I am not being shady in any way.
I think you are really better of by swapping the outer casing and screen between your devices... unless it is the actual motherboard that you need replacing?

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I think you are really better of by swapping the outer casing and screen between your devices... unless it is the actual motherboard that you need replacing?
Thank you for the advice. It is the old screen that has been bashed and has become unresponsive.

I recall some disassemblling videos posted a while back by thoughtfix (? sorry if that is a mis-name) and I shall see if they are still up.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
http://www.hotshare.net/file/247013-5214383256.html

Edit: when does your licence expire?

Last edited by luca; 2010-05-01 at 11:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luca View Post
http://www.hotshare.net/file/247013-5214383256.html

Edit: when does your licence expire?
Thank you, I have downloaded the file.

Also I have found Thoughtfix's Nokia N800 Dissection And Reassembly piece here
http://tabletblog.com/2007/01/nokia-...eassembly.html

So one way or another I should be able to deal with this.

My Licence is set to expire on 2010-10-02. So I might find that it is all for nothing come October anyway?

Yes, my files will allow you to fake the mac address to use your existing licence until the expiration date.

Originally Posted by luca View Post
Yes, my files will allow you to fake the mac address to use your existing licence until the expiration date.
Hi, I have been checking over the instuctions contained in the readme.txt and have difficulty with item "4) edit /home/user/mac to reflect the mac address of the registered navicore"

Basically there doesn't seem to be a file or directory in /home/user/ called 'mac' and this includes .hidden. I have checked both N800s - each of which has maps installed and one of which is activated.

Is there a step that I am missing?

In order to effect all of this I have installed emelFM2.

Hi, I have been checking over the instuctions contained in the readme.txt and have difficulty with item "4) edit /home/user/mac to reflect the mac address of the registered navicore"

Basically there doesn't seem to be a file or directory in /home/user/ called 'mac' and this includes .hidden. I have checked both N800s - each of which has maps installed and one of which is activated.
Well, there will be a sample one once you follow item "1) unzip this file in /home/user"
Oh, do this only on the new n800, and edit /home/user/mac to have the mac of the old one.Edit: and use lower-case for hexadecimal numbers, don't know if it matters but lower-case definitely works.

Last edited by luca; 2010-05-02 at 14:34.

Tags
customers?, middlefinger