Notices

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
How do you uncompress folders and which folders can you uncompress. I noticed it happened to me a couple times but I'm not sure how I got the uncompress function.
I think you mean open (expand) a folder to show the contents. Just double-tap the folder to open, hit the 'up' arrow (back button) to close.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Yea that's what I meant sorry but thanks

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
I would be really happy if you could add support for current icon theme. You could get it from /etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc to know what the current theme are. I don't know how you implemented the supported ones.. but as all files uses the same name and are at the same place it would be easy to do.
The Filebox seems to try to be independent of other system. It uses its own themes in /opt/filebox/icons. However, it's theoretically possible to add your own 'symlink' theme which would add support for current icon theme. There isn't need to read any files for it.

EDIT: attached tar.gz
After extracting it there should appear a folder
/opt/filebox/icons/current
full of symlinks
And in Filebox settings there should appear one more theme:
current

Select it, close and open Filebox, and Filebox should use icons from your current Maemo icon theme
Attached Files
File Type: gz current.tar.gz (2.1 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2010-11-22 at 02:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
The Filebox seems to try to be independent of other system. It uses its own themes in /opt/filebox/icons. However, it's theoretically possible to add your own 'symlink' theme which would add support for current icon theme. There isn't need to read any files for it.

EDIT: attached tar.gz
After extracting it there should appear a folder
/opt/filebox/icons/current
full of symlinks
And in Filebox settings there should appear one more theme:
current

Select it, close and open Filebox, and Filebox should use icons from your current Maemo icon theme
Thanks for the howto but i was asking not only for me but others. If you are using a custom icon-theme you just found in the app manager you would not bother..

It would be a simple thing to implement and would optimize the download size of filebox. Instead of pointing to /opt/filebox/icons/icon.png it could point to /usr/share/icons/*variable*/48x48/icon.png. Where the variable get's the icon theme string from /etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Thanks for the howto but i was asking not only for me but others. If you are using a custom icon-theme you just found in the app manager you would not bother..

It would be a simple thing to implement and would optimize the download size of filebox. Instead of pointing to /opt/filebox/icons/icon.png it could point to /usr/share/icons/*variable*/48x48/icon.png. Where the variable get's the icon theme string from /etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.
Filebox wants to be independent from osso, hildon and their themes. At least, it's my impression.
That's why it uses its own themes. Not to mention that clipboard, cut, copy, paste icons cannot be found in an osso theme.

That's why, supposing that all themes use the same icon names, I offered to use symlinks: it should allow you to effortlessly integrate Filebox into whatever theme you use.

I understand that it would be possible to read /etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc. It would even be possible to read text and background color from the same file. But it would be the way of depending on GTK and hildon, while Filebox is Qt-based.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By the way, default filemanager does have bookmarks, but they are hidden. It's also supposed to have folder tree, though I have never seen it.

What about adding option of folder tree in sidepane to Filebox?
Attached Images

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Filebox wants to be independent from osso, hildon and their themes. At least, it's my impression.
That's why it uses its own themes. Not to mention that clipboard, cut, copy, paste icons cannot be found in an osso theme.

That's why, supposing that all themes use the same icon names, I offered to use symlinks: it should allow you to effortlessly integrate Filebox into whatever theme you use.

I understand that it would be possible to read /etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc. It would even be possible to read text and background color from the same file. But it would be the way of depending on GTK and hildon, while Filebox is Qt-based.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By the way, default filemanager does have bookmarks, but they are hidden. It's also supposed to have folder tree, though I have never seen it.

What about adding option of folder tree in sidepane to Filebox?
Well.. then he could just add an if-statement and still be open to other OSs. Keeping it integrated but still independent. He could also add the clip board icons to the stock hicolor-theme.. which would be used if the current theme you are using does not. However... it would be a breeze for a developer to add it to his icon-theme. I would do it to the AwOken theme.

The folder tree idea are awesome.. would love to see that one.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Using Filebox for some time, I recently tried to use a cool feature: unzip.

However I am just not able to do it. I have a zip file that I double-click, and nothing happens...
I tried to maintain a click to have the menu but I can see nothing else than 'compress' but not 'uncompress'.

The zip file unzip fine on my computer though...

I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall Filebox but not surprisingly it didn't help.

Any ideas welcome

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
You need to install unzip for this
It's not installed with filebox
Open x-term and type:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install unzip

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Works fine for me, are you sure you have the zip, unzip and unrar utilities installed? none of them willwork if you dont first install them from thr repo's.

Edit; @CepiPerez you beat me to it by like one minute

Last edited by matts76; 2010-11-29 at 14:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
obviously that can help
I should have checked this but honeslty thought that was part of the dependencies!

So basically "compress" is integrated but not "uncompress"...

Thanks for the quick reply

Tags
file manager, filebox