Active Topics

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Oh well, I guess it's about time I tried cloning to pad my life experience.

Just not now.
I put it off for two years until I accidentally messed up my filesystem and was forced to reflash.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I guess I should just wait it out then since I'm long overdue for a messed up filesystem.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I just caught that Pyradio is available to install from my app manager.

It's saying it needs 60.8 megs of memory though.
Yeah, as Tso politely said Qt eats storage (and so does python if you haven't installed it for other reasons already).

Is there any way to symlink the files need to my memory card instead of using up all of that flash memory?
Not in any automated way. You could try moving / linking stuff manually, but IMHO it's more trouble than it's worth and not maintainable in the long run (updates will still install on the rootfs, your memory card is probably a FAT filesystem mounted noexec etc).

If you need more space the best way to get it would be to use bootmenu to clone the entire system to the card and boot/run from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
I did apt get install wget and it appeared to work, but, after I do:

wget http://www.nmacleod.com/nokia/bin/nupgrade.sh

I get:

-sh: wget: not found

I checked http://www.nmacleod.com/nokia/bin/nupgrade.sh with my browser and it downloaded a file (on my pc)

???

When doing the format memory I'm having a problem:

I can do:

umount /media/mmc2
sfdisk /dev/mmcblk0 << EOF
1,15000,c

EOF

Then I do

mkdosfs /dev/mmcblk0p1
shutdown -r now

when it reboots I get a memory card corrupted error, then I do:

mke2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2

and I get an error stating:

-h: mke2fs: not found

I assume I have to install some package. I did a search in application manager on mke2fs on package name and description.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by muttleytm View Post
sfdisk /dev/mmcblk0 << EOF
1,15000,c

-h: mke2fs: not found
apt-get install e2fsprogs

And try changing the 'c' after 1,15000 to a '6' and run the mkdosfs command again (start over).

The 15000/15001 will give you a 1.5g root partition and 500meg dos partition for mmc2. I use 30720/30721 to make both partitions 1gig and what would normally not fit on the default filesystem is using 60% of the 1gig. So if you want the dos filesystem to be larger for whatever reason...

I have and 8 gig card

I guess I'd like about 1 and 7

when I run apt-get install e2fsprogs it doesn't install due to missing dependencies.

It says to run apt-get install -f with no packages which I did.

It installed some qt files and upgraded some and didn't install others but when I tried to run mke2fs it again said it wasn't found.

I'm looking further at the dependency issues and I see the files required by e2fspros require 4.5.0-1maemo2 dependencies but 4.5.3-1maemo1 are installed.

I see on the Gronmayer site that e2fslibs and e2fsprogs are supposed to be in several repositories that are installed on my system, but, the files are not there when I check

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810