Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

I installed Nitdroid successfully. I can now see the multiboot menu too with the following options :

1 - Maemo 2.6/28-omap1
2 - Maemo kernel-power 2.6.28.10-power48
3 - NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.07 on mmcblk0p5

However, when I select Option 3, Nitdroid is not booting and I am getting the following error :
" [ 314.646331] Kernel Panic - not syncing: Fatal exception"

and after this noting happens..

Even maemo is not booting. I am getting the following message:
[ 26.977416] r7:fffea0d0 r6:40187f90 r5:40185b48 r4:ffffffff

Kindly help how to resolve this issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivek5000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
Quick question. Installed Nitdroid using auto installer using the N12_umay deb and R6 too. all thats fine.

Why isnt my SMS working?? GPRS is disables (Airplane mode)

Is there a command or package I've missed out? to get this to work?
Disable pin code in maemo next time you restarting your phone

The Following User Says Thank You to fe_20 For This Useful Post:
Question. I've succesfully installed Nitdroid using ammyt's installer - great work by the way, the install was really simple and painless for me, thanks! But how do I install aditional packages like the Google Applications package?

I tried:

Code:
bzip2 -d /home/user/MyDocs/gapps-20110828.tar.bz2
root
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/gapps-20110828.tar
exit
But when I reboot my N900 and boot Nitdroid, nothing happens - I mean; Nitdroid boots up normally, but I don't see any Google Applications. Did I miss something or am I doing something horribly wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK, England
Originally Posted by fe_20 View Post
Disable pin code in maemo next time you restarting your phone
lool I solved it y-day I completely forgot about that I done it last year too. I guess I'll never learn. Thanks for the reminder though.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK, England
Originally Posted by woussie View Post
Question. I've succesfully installed Nitdroid using ammyt's installer - great work by the way, the install was really simple and painless for me, thanks! But how do I install aditional packages like the Google Applications package?

I tried:

Code:
bzip2 -d /home/user/MyDocs/gapps-20110828.tar.bz2
root
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/gapps-20110828.tar
exit
But when I reboot my N900 and boot Nitdroid, nothing happens - I mean; Nitdroid boots up normally, but I don't see any Google Applications. Did I miss something or am I doing something horribly wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!
Try this

Root
cd /
mount -t ext3 -o noatime,rw /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
cd /and
tar xf /home/user/MyDocs/gapps-20110828.tar.bz2
reboot

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by vivek5000 View Post
I installed Nitdroid successfully. I can now see the multiboot menu too with the following options :

1 - Maemo 2.6/28-omap1
2 - Maemo kernel-power 2.6.28.10-power48
3 - NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.07 on mmcblk0p5

However, when I select Option 3, Nitdroid is not booting and I am getting the following error :
" [ 314.646331] Kernel Panic - not syncing: Fatal exception"

and after this noting happens..

Even maemo is not booting. I am getting the following message:
[ 26.977416] r7:fffea0d0 r6:40187f90 r5:40185b48 r4:ffffffff

Kindly help how to resolve this issue.
remove your sd card from slot. once i inserted my sd card in my n900 and pressed 3 to boot nitdroid it gave me the same error. when i removed my sd card and it worked fine.dont know why maemo is not booting.

Hi every1,

Coming here after a long time and wish to install latest android available for our n900, I installed auto installer 2.8.8(i believe thats is the right version) and executed it, first I see the messsage saying "press any key to continue or press CTRL-C to terminate the action(I hope you all see this?)" so I press enter and then I see the message saying "Commencing Checks" for a fraction of second and installer closes right away........... HELP

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
I am running android perfectly now.
But how can i activate usb mass storage mode in android?

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
I am running android perfectly now.
But how can i activate usb mass storage mode in android?
I believe it goes to USB mode as soon as usb is connected or at least it asks. Don't remember it well but I had no problem using it in mass storage mode, are you using latest kernel btw?

The Autoinstaller 0.2.8-8 seems to be havin some issues.

I have tried installing Nitdroid N12 using Autoinstaller around 5 times, however there seems to be some problem. I have installed after formatting the phone using vanilla image on N900 firmware site.

However, the 6th time, I tried installing NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov using previous old Autoinstaller 0.0.7.

And it got successfully installed and Nitdroid was also running properly.

After that I used tried to upgrade it to N12 Umay using two methods :

1. Downloaded new autoinstaller, and uninstalled previous Nitdroid. However, against during boot up when I select Nitdroid the same Kernel not syncing error started.

2. Again vanilla flashed and then freshly installed NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov and followed procedure of xuggs to upgrade to N12 as given on his website :
http://xuggs.blogspot.com/2010/12/ni...xmasdroid.html

Again I get the same kernel issue.

Can someone please help me on the same. Why is Nitdroid 0.0.8 getting installed using old installer, but the new one is not getting installed?

Why am I getting kernel not syncing error? Do I need to have any kernel preinstalled on N900 to install Nitdroid N12 Umay.

Please request you to help me.

Your kind help and support is highly appreciated.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid