Active Topics

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
I saw that this morning as well. Hopefully some Christmas cheer in EIPI-land next week !

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
To everyone who's commented about SIM card only sales, thank you very much for your feedback. We're listening. The WIND team is working diligently towards a solution where you will be able to have service with us without having to purchase a handset. The goal is to have this in place by the end of next week. Hope you don’t mind having to wait that long and we will try our best to inform members once it is available or give us a call or email/blog us if you are getting impatient.

Bear in mind though that the N900 or other phones may or may not be compatible with our network and you would have to “qualify” it in person at one of our stores with the help of one of our team members.

Your suggestions are what will make WIND Mobile the best company in Canada, so please keep them coming.

hahaha I can't believe they're only mentioning the n900...

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Wind making SIM Cards available for sale next week

I got a call from WIND this morning, saying that they are working on getting the SIM card 'soon'. The guy at the WIND kiosk I visited yesterday was blown away by the N900 as well

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Yeah, in your case it doesn't make a whole bunch of sense to go Wind: stick with what works.
Sadly, it doesn't really "work", it limps along. I was so hopeful for something better...

Thankfully with the addition of Wind, Bellusgers and co. will be forced to be competitive which likely means lower rates and/or newer plans. So indirectly that $480 you're paying could be lower still -- or have more features -- thanks to Wind!
I don't see that happening for me, since Wind isn't offering anything cheaper than Fido ATM. The best I can hope for is more "included" items in my package, such as caller ID etc.

It seems to me that Wind is not trying to offer the cheapest plans, they're offering simple, no-contract, "unlimited" plans with lots of features.

I prefer "cheap" over "unlimited".

qole, I am with Fido on their cheapest service. I pay $15 for 50 minutes of voice, plus $25 for the 500 MB data plan. At WIND, I am going to go for the $15 plan (100 minutes) plus $35 for their unlimited data. So that is an extra $10 + taxes over what I pay for at Fido. And for that, I am expecting to be able to use my Gizmo SIP in lieu of cellular for my outgoing calls.

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montréal, Canada
Originally Posted by gtessier00 View Post
I want my N900 :'( please guys apologize with me hahaha!
My bro is currently in the virgin islands in the USA and I asked him to get me one I pray he will find one :P Please encourage me, do you think there can be N900 somewhere in the virgin islands?????
Mobilecity have some n900 in stock now.

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=25125

It's your chance!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paranoxe For This Useful Post:
will the mail-in rebate work even if we're in canada?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montréal, Canada
No, in the terms and condition its says that you need to be a us resident to have the rebate.

The Following User Says Thank You to Paranoxe For This Useful Post:
Well, thank you very much for the information, but 629 + gst and stuffs from duties etc... will make the price go nearly 800$ i think
I'll wait until newegg has it in stock (if they get it back in stock)
I'm wondering if those microphone problems are solved on the new shipments of N900

Tags
buy, canada, canadian, cost, n900, provider, providers, retailers, rogers, wind