Active Topics

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Don't forget to add shipping costs ($20-30?) plus custom (10-30% depending on rules and regulations).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by stats0 View Post
Gerbick: You said Dubai - 16gb Black $683.33 USD (paid w/ shipping)
Prices for 16gb in Dubai seem to be ~640$. Did you manage 45$ shipping?
Give or take, yeah. Typing this while my friend is in Dubai shopping around, my friend was able to find places that were about 2350 instead of 2499 or so.

Black and Magenta are aplenty at 16gb. They're also offering a 2-year warranty - same as EU? - and he's talking to them about multiple purchases now.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by SR90 View Post
I got my phone from Dubai , try to send it with FedEx priority which is 390 dirhams , and mark it as a gift and I asked my brother to declare 150 bucks ! lol , still , i got charged 30 bucks for the duties in Canada . If you want to go through FedEx from Dubai , you have to use your friends visa card since they don't accept cash anymore !!!

Declaring low value wouldn't be a great idea because if it gets lost that would be the amount you get in return

and if you want to send it through DHL , they can't send electronics outside of Dubai , which doesn't make sense at all ! If you have any more questions , let me know
How do you like your N9? Worth the money?

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Give or take, yeah. Typing this while my friend is in Dubai shopping around, my friend was able to find places that were about 2350 instead of 2499 or so.

Black and Magenta are aplenty at 16gb. They're also offering a 2-year warranty - same as EU? - and he's talking to them about multiple purchases now.
I think I will hold off on the purchase. I want a place that can guarantee a return policy. My corporate email didn't work on N900, and There are folks complaining of similar issues on N9. If I can. Of connect to my work email, I want to be able to return the phone

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
I think I will hold off on the purchase. I want a place that can guarantee a return policy. My corporate email didn't work on N900, and There are folks complaining of similar issues on N9. If I can. Of connect to my work email, I want to be able to return the phone
If you decide to return the phone, I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of people watching this thread who'll jump on the opportunity to buy it off you.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Yeah, been noticing those complaints too. I've all but gotten the folks here off of Exchange - we just were not using it outside of group calendars.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand

Cool, hopefully they'll still be around when, it can be organised to purchase them, can anyone confirm or deny that there will only 100,000 of them? (this question has probably come up alot.) Because there is a few of them still around on shelves according to info given.

That 92k or so number is a myth made up by Eldar. Ignore it.

It is sorta hard to find the damn things though... but they're out there.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
That 92k or so number is a myth made up by Eldar. Ignore it.

It is sorta hard to find the damn things though... but they're out there.
Damn their scarcity and overly expensive price tag!! But their are cheap ones out their but i have seen some fakes being passed off as genuine. I'd love to get one they're way ahead than (in my opinion) Android and IOS but both have their highs and lows meego's is just limited app support (commercially) but a great community and now i'm going off topic

I was able to have a buddy get me a 64gb black from Nokia Singapore...limited to one per customer though. Price came out to around 680 USD. He has sent it to me via his corporate FedEx account costing him about 150 with his discount insured...it is odd they limited him to one purchase...they told him very limited amount were manufactured, very disconcerting.

I wish I could have helped more on the Singapore end.

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop