Notices

this might be a dumb question but i've already installed scummvm but i don't know where to put the games and run them. i've tried copying the games to my phone but i don't see any options on the add game to find them.

ps: can someone post where to download other games for this thanks

Hi Guys,

Im currently facing some issue with the Full throttle game...I have posted it in Scummvm forum but yet to get an answer....So i decided to post it here...

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=9031

Anyone can help me on the above problem?

Or is there anyone out there can provide me the save file - Where After Ben Expose The Picture of Ripburger @ the Film room where he need to pull the lever twice...

Thank you in advance.

Originally Posted by bewrong View Post
this might be a dumb question but i've already installed scummvm but i don't know where to put the games and run them. i've tried copying the games to my phone but i don't see any options on the add game to find them.

ps: can someone post where to download other games for this thanks
Put the game in any directory, either under MyDocs or in the memory card. After you copied the game (and remember to unzip it if it was zipped), run ScummVM, press the "add" button and select the directory where you copied the game.

You can get more games either in abandonware websites (you can start by googling for abandonware), or using bittorrent.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by angelbratz View Post
Hi Guys,

Im currently facing some issue with the Full throttle game...I have posted it in Scummvm forum but yet to get an answer....So i decided to post it here...

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=9031

Anyone can help me on the above problem?

Or is there anyone out there can provide me the save file - Where After Ben Expose The Picture of Ripburger @ the Film room where he need to pull the lever twice...

Thank you in advance.
I played through Full Throttle OK on an older version of ScummVM on my N810, so this may be a bug in a later version of ScummVM, or something specific to N900, or even possibly a difference in the data files of your version of FT compared to mine.

One thing you could try is to copy the save file from your N900 and try it on ScummVM running on a desktop computer, to see if that lets you get past the crash.

Thanks for the suggestion but i already tried that method...

It will say Invalid file version...

I have played the FT on the scummvm @ pc and i managed to finish it...

But on my N900 it keeps on crashing at that part...wonder if anyone got the solution for it or the save file that past that level...

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by angelbratz View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but i already tried that method...

It will say Invalid file version...
Hmm, that's strange. I assumed save files are cross-platform. Were you using the exact same version of ScummVM on the desktop as on the mobile, and the exact same FT data files?

I have to say, ScummVM works nicely!
I'm able to play Legend Of Kyrandia at 250mhz with good performance.

hi. i have just installed scummvm on my n900. i went on the scummvm website and downloaded the lure of the temptress game. i copied the folder to my tmp directory from my pc but scummvm cant find the game. not sure which are the files i need in the folder..there are 4 discs to the game which are .vga files. any help with getting me started would be greatly appreciated..cant wait to be playin the classics like monkey island, leisure suit larry, zak mckraken etc.

maybe some1 could download the folder from scummvm and let me know which files i need to use or anythin else i need to do with them.

thanks.

ok for example on the official scummvm website it says for zak mckraken(amiga) to copy all the .lgl files to directory so i placed all 59 of them in the tmp folder on my nokia. opened scummvm clicked add game and chose the tmp directory but scumm doesnt find em. what am i doing wrong?

@gizmo

So you have the files in /tmp/lure/ ? Or straight in the /tmp/ ?
Make sure there is no other subdirectories under those. For example, if you extract the "lure-1.1.zip" available from ScummVM downloads, you would end up with directory structure of "/lure-1.1/lure/".
You need to browse into the directory where the data files actually are; so that you see the *.vga/*.ega files in ScummVM when adding the game.