Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by wokawoka View Post
I'm using yappari every day since the first revisions and I find the app great. Thank you scorpius for your fantastic work, i'm really tankful to you as it's because of yappari that I could keep going on using my glorious N900 as my daily phone.
Recently I find myself in the real need of blocking some contacts for some important reasons.
I'm aware that this function is not yet implemented in yappari. I just would like a suggestion as I don't know if the block function of the official client is implemented at client level or server level altough I suppose that the clients may be blocked from the application itself.
For this reason I don't have big hopes in my idea of trying to block the numbers I need trough the official whatsapp on a different nokia s60 phone I own and then coming back to the n900 and reregistering in yappari to see the result... Am I right?
If so, are there any possibilities that this function will be implemented in yappary in the near future? This is becoming a real problem for me...
Thank you so much again! Luca
Every functionality of the WhatsApp official client except maybe the "Location" will be implemented. That includes of course blocking and unblocking contacts.

The block list is at server level. But if you change your registration to your Nokia S60 phone and block some users, you need to wait like a week to go back to the N900 since the re-registration in the N900 will fail with a "too soon" error (or something like that).

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
Thank you for your answer. That sounds great scorpius!
What if I use an android phone (or nitdroid on my n900) to block and then go back to yappari, that already have android=true in conf? Do you think it would be possible to go back to yappari without waiting or registering again? Thank you!

Last edited by wokawoka; 2013-05-03 at 20:13.

Originally Posted by wokawoka View Post
Thank you for your answer. That sounds great scorpius!
What if I use an android phone (or nitdroid on my n900) to block and then go back to yappari, that already have android=true in conf?
That doesn't work anymore. If your android is rooted "maybe" you could make both devices work at the same time by reading the password in the XML configuration file of WhatsApp.

By the way WhatsApp extended me one more year just 5 days before my account expires. Now it expires on Wed, 30 Apr 2014 07:12:16 GMT.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
That doesn't work anymore. If your android is rooted "maybe" you could make both devices work at the same time by reading the password in the XML configuration file of WhatsApp.
That sounds a smart idea. I'll try to follow this way and I'll let you know. Thank you again!

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
By the way WhatsApp extended me one more year just 5 days before my account expires. Now it expires on Wed, 30 Apr 2014 07:12:16 GMT.
hello scorpiro, i must say a big thank you to you for making my n900 wrk wit Yappari. pls. wat can I do for people to see my display pictures. thanks

Originally Posted by Adethewura View Post
hello scorpiro, i must say a big thank you to you for making my n900 wrk wit Yappari. pls. wat can I do for people to see my display pictures. thanks
Profile pictures is not implemented yet. It's in the ToDo list in the first post.

Hey Scorpius,

Firstly, much obliged for the time you've taken to do all this work; you're awesome!

Secondly, I'm having trouble registering.. I've downloaded and installed everything without error, but the registration takes the full 300 seconds and then times out. The phone number should be alright (+31634397### - the Netherlands), though, so that's not it.

I haven't received the SMS with the code, nor do I get the call when requested.

I sincerely hope you can help me with this!

Kindest regards,

Fillask

P.S. If there's anything you'd like for me to post/share (error logs/etc.), please let me know where to find it; I got this phone from my brother a few days ago, so I haven't gotten around to getting used to it, yet. I do, however, know my way around most things, so just pointing me in the right direction ought to be enough.

Last edited by Fillask; 2013-05-05 at 01:06.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Fillask View Post
P.S. If there's anything you'd like for me to post/share (error logs/etc.), please let me know where to find it
I suppose he will tell you his typical phrase "no log, no help" XD.

You have the location of the log file in the first post. Send a private message with that file to Scorpius. And if you want, obfuscate the phone numbers inside the log so can't be seen.

Yeah like malkavian says I definitely need the log.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp