Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cornwall
Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
Thanks once again, this time when i ran this command it asked, "Install package without verification", I clicked on yes and then in the end it displayed this error message "unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with fixing"
This process! Basically after i typed the 3rd line of code something happened but I wasnt prompted to accept or download anything. Is it possible the app will be on my phone or do I need to re do the process?

Rob

Edit: After doing the last stage it says libqtm-contacts is already the newest version. The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required: python-twitter

???!!!

Last edited by rob_27685; 2010-08-25 at 14:46.

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by rob_27685 View Post
This process! Basically after i typed the 3rd line of code something happened but I wasnt prompted to accept or download anything. Is it possible the app will be on my phone or do I need to re do the process?

Rob

Edit: After doing the last stage it says libqtm-contacts is already the newest version. The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required: python-twitter

???!!!
You are probably just missing (as root on the x-terminal):
Code:
apt-get install mycontacts
and you should get a "mycontacts" icon on your applications list

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

E: Couldn't find package mycontacts

Any ideas?

E: Couldn't find package mycontacts

Any ideas?
try again after a successful
Code:
apt-get update
if still doesn't work you can download the deb file and install it directly. It is not the easy or recommended way but should work.

You may also want to send me your packages configuration

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Installed it directly and it worked a treat, many thanks! When using Mycontacts is there a way to sort my contacts alphabetically as at the moment they seem to be rather randomly ordered?

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
ive had to remove this app due to the amount of missed calls i get,
basically people are calling me and the ringtone is silent
i was thinking it was the 'ringtones for contacts' app
but after removing that the problem was still happening,

i would have phone on silent profile and switch phone off,
in the morning id turn phone on and set general profile,
but in settings, the general ringtone always resets to a tone called:
'crochic-general'
and it makes no sound
maybe its a conflict between the 2 apps
but the problem goes away if i remove this app
anyone else experienced this?

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Installed it directly and it worked a treat, many thanks! When using Mycontacts is there a way to sort my contacts alphabetically as at the moment they seem to be rather randomly ordered?
They are supposedly sorted alphabetically but there is an issue with contacts that instead of first and last name have just a nickname (they will be on the bottom of the pile). I plan to address this when I create the "contact search".

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Originally Posted by leetut View Post

'crochic-general'
and it makes no sound
Mycontacts by itself should never make you not "hear" a call and I don't quite see how it could be responsible even with another application. The only way you would not hear anything because of mycontacts is if you (or some other application) assign a "blank" ring tone to the profile.

The "crochik-general" is just a symbolic link to whatever ring tone you had assigned when the application is first initiated. MyContacts will not "touch" it until you receive a call from a contact that was assigned to a group with a "custom ring tone". The only think mycontacts does when you get a call from someone assigned to a group with a custom ring tone is to redirect the symbolic link to the custom ring tone, all the other attributes (volume, vibration, ...) are still controlled by the "phone".

By what I understand the "ringtone for contacts" app works on a completely different way (not sure about this): It actually mutes or disable the "ring tone" playing by the "phone" and control the ring tone playing by itself.

On the next release I plan to allow you to disable "mycontacts" ring tone feature - just in case.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by leetut View Post

'crochic-general'
and it makes no sound
yes exactly same problem , likewise removed app and /home/user/.mycontacts folder , removed /home/user/.local/share/sounds/crochikgeneral.wav too . rebooted. reinstalled rrom extras testing , reset my ringtones and reloaded app , all working at moment so fingers crossed , thought maybe conflict with mohammedAG pulseaudio files i installed recently as not using the other rintone app leetut mentioned... also though my default alarm clock was acting eratic today too , every other alarm (5min intervals) would play my alarm tone but all others played nokia default alsrm clock tone , leads me to wonder about pulseaudio as nothing else different on my phone in weeks...

Last edited by moepda; 2010-08-26 at 13:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to moepda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i dont use the alarm at all so not sure if mine has any probs, im self employed so i start work when i decide to wake up lol!
ive never touched the 'my contacts' ringtones bit, but have assigned 2 different tones using 'contact ringtones'
im not moaning by any means, just reporting my issues, this app is one of the best to me, as long as i re-set the general tone everymorning!
but ive removed the app for now just to make sure the problem has defo gone