Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
III was playing a little bit around with the new version of mplayer. I tried three different
files which I recoded with media converter(400x240@512kbs) and all of them have
sync problems. The video stream has a delay of about 1 second. Unfortunetly, the OSD audio delay option is not working, I cant change the setting. I read that some of us got sync problems...I should check thr previous mplayer version to see if audio syncing behaves the same...
Well, I'm already tired of asking this over and over again Please provide some reliable way to reproduce this problem (surprisingly I got no files with audio delay problem here, encoding with various settings including those you mentioned). Either a detailed step by step instruction is needed (including all the information about source video file that was used for transcoding) or just one of your bad samples uploaded somewhere. Only after that I may have a chance to check what's wrong and hopefully fix this problem.

Ok, I am going to make some small sample files after Tuesday.

Serge, can you even *change* the audio delay value in the OSD? Even if a video is properly synched with the sound you should be able to alter the audio delay so that it isn't anymore.

The audio delay value is unchangeable for me - I click on it in the menu so that it's selected, but the arrow buttons do not change the delay value.

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Nickster View Post
Serge, can you even *change* the audio delay value in the OSD? Even if a video is properly synched with the sound you should be able to alter the audio delay so that it isn't anymore.

The audio delay value is unchangeable for me - I click on it in the menu so that it's selected, but the arrow buttons do not change the delay value.
No, I can't change audio delay settings either, but that's a different bug of minor significance (it is also present in desktop x86 version of mplayer). I'm much more interested in fixing audio sync problems for sure.

Hey Serge!
Today everything I do sucks. I am starting to believe in Murphy's Law again.
I just booted my windows machine, after approx. 2-3 months to cut the video to a sample length. VirtuaDub has some problems with my file, so I started to encode a new file with media converter. It's the same format file format (Same series, different part) and suddenly it works good on my n800. While trying a diferent one, my f****** windows machine died, besause of a virus I got right now. Wtf!? After 3 Months, I boot this crappy BillyBoy machine and get a Virus after 5 min of use? It's actuall a icq protocoll virus. Ok, back to topic...Some parts of windows still work good, so I am trying to reproduce the problem.
The last time, I tried 3 Files and all were out of sync. Will post progresss in a couple of minutes.

Ok, there is definitely something strange going around.
The 550mb async movie file is on my device and still async. I can't edit it in virtuadub, because the audio gets complete out of sync after that. The original file is 200km away, so I called my dad and instrcuted him to encode a 30sec preview in media converter. He just send me the file and I tried on my n800 and it's perfectly synced. Same file, same settings. The one fully encoded, the other one just with the 30sec option. Strange? In the meanwhile I encoded about 10 different files and all work well. So there, on the other computer (200km away) should be the other two full length movies which were out of sync. I guess the problem is not related to mplayer after all, but to media converter? Nevertheless the async one is synced in my windows machine and I definitely can't cut it with virtuadub.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Hi, you might want to try out the 1.31 version which contains updated version of mencoder. The new version especially improves the conversion on AMD computers. For you this might mean that your videos stay in sync.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...dows_setup.exe

If it works for you, please let us know.

I tried the movies on different players. WMP , VLC and gXine on Linux. They're in sync on my desktop machine. And suddenly every movie I encode is in sync on my N800. My Linux System is fried because of a hd failure and I use puppy Linux for a couple of weeks. I'll have to get a real system back because I can't install stuff like media converter on puppy.
According to the date, I might have 1.31 installed on my windows box, already.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I wrote the message minutes after uploading the new one. I only uploaded the 1.31 for you I was planning on adding some other stuff as well, but I had the 1.31 ready and one guy had tested it already (fixed problems with his AMD processor) and thus I felt this could solve your problem as well.

Originally Posted by Serge View Post
No, I can't change audio delay settings either, but that's a different bug of minor significance (it is also present in desktop x86 version of mplayer). I'm much more interested in fixing audio sync problems for sure.
In that case, does anyone have a config file change that allows me to alter the audio delay at a touch of a button? I had that set up in input.conf for the up/down buttons, but now if I use it, mplayer freezes and needs to be killed. I think it gets confused between audio synch +/- and its default action of fwd/back 1min(?).