Notices

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Using the 'Default public token' which was there already after creating account.
PureMaps works smoothly but I do not see any anything under statistics. But I am sure the default one works as tested with an mangled code PureMaps does not update new locations.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Using the 'Default public token' which was there already after creating account.
PureMaps works smoothly but I do not see any anything under statistics. But I am sure the default one works as tested with an mangled code PureMaps does not update new locations.
That's a good way of testing. In the stats, check usage for particular token. For me, they don't seem to be able to sum up usage under "All tokens". It may also take some time to show up (days?).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
... In the stats, check usage for particular token...
Yep, right!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Statistics are updated daily.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Using the 'Default public token'
The thing with "Scopes" i mentioned was rlated to "create token". No idea why i did not use the already existing public token. But i somehow created a new one called pure maps before noticing the public one
I also tested with gibbrish token and as expected no new tiles loaded.

No stats in account since +1day (26hours) though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
The thing with "Scopes" i mentioned was rlated to "create token". No idea why i did not use the already existing public token. But i somehow created a new one called pure maps before noticing the public one
I also tested with gibbrish token and as expected no new tiles loaded.

No stats in account since +1day (26hours) though.
Have you tried to check stats under specific token? In statistics and "Show usage for"?

It seems to update stats at 12 UTC, should have done it then

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
yep, right!
Some more obvious questions and this thread can compete with the mapbox wiki
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
New release is out: 1.12.0

This release is bringing a simpler and consistent temporary POI handling; shows using a bar on the bottom current state of the application, and few other changes.

As always, translations have been updated - thank you translators for this work!

Earlier, temporary POIs (tmpPOIs, the ones that were not bookmarked), could populate the maps as results of searches and long presses on the map. Now, tmpPOIs are held only until the corresponding operation is finished. For example, when you search for something and check out suggestions or search results, tmpPOIs will stay until you finish the search. As soon as its finished or search string updated, tmpPOIs are removed. To keep search result, bookmark it. Same goes for tmpPOI created by long press. If you don't bookmark it, it will disappear.

As mentioned above, you could be in different states (like performing search) and there was no clear way it was shown to the user. Now, while searching, selecting maps, calculating route, you will be shown a bar on the bottom designating such state, in contrast to default map browsing. When pressing on menu button or the bar, you will get back to the corresponding search results, map selection, or navigation settings. To get out of that mode, either swipe the bar down or press a back button.

Similar swiping off has been added to navigation bar (on top). You could swipe it to the top to cancel navigation and clear the route (as you could do by pressing navigation panel and press Clear button).

Finally, a bug was fixed that did not fill all found details (type of POI) for POIs created by long press on a map.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
@rinigus,
  • thanks for the details: good to know that Mapbox is fully aware of this.
  • an additional, big "thank you" for taking care of these logistical aspects so perfectly!
  • plus the biggest "thank you" for what Puremaps has become: simply great!
  • and many, many kudos for making all this possible by creating and continuously developing OSM Scout Server.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
@olf: not that much time to work on OSM Scout Server these days. But I will return to it after the round on Pure Maps. Its just easier to focus on one and try to improve it as much as I can while ideas are fresh.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: