Notices

can anyone contribute a new walkthrough ?

The Following User Says Thank You to locolyric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Would it be possible to ad an "Update Route" button?

I'm often "navigating" and the driver will ask "how much further?" As it is, I often have to re enter the search for the address {MAJOR PITA} and re-do the entire routing dialog.

It'd be cool if I could just hit a button to get an update, or to re-route if we've taken a minor detour....

Thanks!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
Would it be possible to ad an "Update Route" button?

I'm often "navigating" and the driver will ask "how much further?" As it is, I often have to re enter the search for the address {MAJOR PITA} and re-do the entire routing dialog.

It'd be cool if I could just hit a button to get an update, or to re-route if we've taken a minor detour....

Thanks!
There is a button in the upper lefthand corner that has two arrows that form a circle. Press that to re-route. (To see what the re-route button looks like check entry #4 in this thread, second image)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
Congrats!

One comment though, if I may. Instead of using an ad-hoc connection, which will waste battery, set up a dummy connection which will also make the N900 think it's connected to a network but will not take as long to connect, for one
setup the dummy connection with a test run today, everything(ie. both voice nag and poi search and in different language) worked out fine. Battery dropped about 30% instead of 40%(for about 30min of driving while not being connected into the charger) with the ad hoc connect setup

Cheers,

PS: now if I would only load/use the latest ovi map and that will be perfect.

Last edited by cheve; 2011-04-13 at 13:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I updated the index.html file.

My language is Spanish. Gives no errors when opening the application or during operation.

I have configured voices but can not get to hear the instructions.

Can you help?

Thanks.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
I updated the index.html file.

My language is Spanish. Gives no errors when opening the application or during operation.

I have configured voices but can not get to hear the instructions.

Can you help?

Thanks.
Which option are you using? If your using omVoiceServer, did you install the language under the cities folder? Also ensure that omVoiceServer is running as the index.html file only sends commands and OMVS does the talking.

If its the html5 method, there would be an error if the language cannot be opened.

If its the python method, does the server say anything or do anything (in command line).

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Hello, i follow this tread a while, but is there a chance that there will be a installable deb file to install voice guidence to ovi maps?

Cheers

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
Hello, i follow this tread a while, but is there a chance that there will be a installable deb file to install voice guidence to ovi maps?

Cheers
Not until I come up with a patch file that works properly sorry. I have asked before here, but so far no answers on how to make the patch file (given that the javascript code is condensed into a long line). Once that occurs, I can release it all at once.

Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
Which option are you using? If your using omVoiceServer, did you install the language under the cities folder? Also ensure that omVoiceServer is running as the index.html file only sends commands and OMVS does the talking.

If its the html5 method, there would be an error if the language cannot be opened.

If its the python method, does the server say anything or do anything (in command line).
I'm using omVoiceServer

log:
Looking for voices in: /home/user/MyDocs/cities/Voices
Loaded voice: spanish_f
Using aply for prerecorded sounds

With the downloaded files are listed in
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66985

On the tab that shows the log of omVoiceServer appear commands issued by Maps but does not play any of them.