Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by HughF_UK View Post
64gb in blue???

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php...nlocked--blue-
That can't be right. They're either quoting for a 16bg or getting their colours mixed up. I think they are reputable, but I've never personally used them.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
That can't be right.
On Twitter they have clarified that they are only expecting black 64Gb models for now

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ chicago
Hello,
I ordered also from Negri on Monday got the Phone on Wendesday.
It's a blue 16GB and it has no branding on it. It's made in China

I chatted online with mobicity australia, they said that if i sent the phone back to australia in event of a failure, the warranty would be honored there. Anyone know if this is true? Price before shipping is like $685 (16gb, that's enough for me).
I saw an ebay seller that claimed he had 2 with the warranty and was only keeping one, so that's how i came up with mobicity as a dealer.

Does it matter what country your n9 was meant for if i plan on using it here in the US?

How about warranty at mobilecityonline.com in the US, warranty?

I really want this phone, but am worried about having a $700 paper weight.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited by jcar302; 2011-10-27 at 23:58.

Originally Posted by jcar302 View Post
I chatted online with mobicity australia, they said that if i sent the phone back to australia in event of a failure, the warranty would be honored there. Anyone know if this is true? Price before shipping is like $685 (16gb, that's enough for me).
I saw an ebay seller that claimed he had 2 with the warranty and was only keeping one, so that's how i came up with mobicity as a dealer.

Does it matter what country your n9 was meant for if i plan on using it here in the US?

How about warranty at mobilecityonline.com in the US, warranty?

I really want this phone, but am worried about having a $700 paper weight.

Thanks,
Joe
For most online purchases where the product has no warranty in the country sold, they have to be returned to the country of origin for warranty. This is the way to sidestep companies fencing up territories through warranty control. I don't mobilecity in U.S. can get any Nokia warranty for the N9 which Nokia has refused to distribute there.

The N9 has Pentaband 3G so it will work in any country in the world.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
For most online purchases where the product has no warranty in the country sold, they have to be returned to the country of origin for warranty. This is the way to sidestep companies fencing up territories through warranty control. I don't mobilecity in U.S. can get any Nokia warranty for the N9 which Nokia has refused to distribute there.

The N9 has Pentaband 3G so it will work in any country in the world.
Thanks for the reply sam.
I'm aware of the lack of warranty in the US based on an imported phone, i've done it a few times in the past with old nokia's, but nothing that costs in the $700 range.

If i buy one from another country is the procedure to send it back to the seller, the seller then sends it to nokia, then nokia to the seller, back to me?
I'll assume a nokia service center in another country is not going to send it back to the US.

I'm curious to as if anyone here in the US has ever had a warranty issue with an import that was successfully handled.
While i've had imports, they were far less expensive and none ever broke.

If anyone has had a good experience with a seller in this aspect, that would be a plus for that seller IMO.

Originally Posted by jcar302 View Post
Thanks for the reply sam.

If i buy one from another country is the procedure to send it back to the seller, the seller then sends it to nokia, then nokia to the seller, back to me?

I'll assume a nokia service center in another country is not going to send it back to the US.

Yes, that's the procedure. You'll have to ship to seller for warranty who will claim warranty on your behalf and ship back to you. Nowadays with fast courier service the turnaround time need not necessarily be longer than local service. The length of time in the service centre is a more important variable than the shipping time.

You'll have to check with the seller who pays cost of courier. Some sellers will pick up the tab, some won't. Yeah, it's a bit scary dealing with an overseas company on warranty issues so the experience of others who have dealt with the same company before are invaluable.

Hey guys,
Just curious about the whole Starhub branding of the N9's. In which countries are the phones unbranded. Apparently Whymobile and Negri are both branded Starhub. What are the other phones branded? Thanks.

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
Hey guys,
Just curious about the whole Starhub branding of the N9's. In which countries are the phones unbranded. Apparently Whymobile and Negri are both branded Starhub. What are the other phones branded? Thanks.
That's not necessarily the case, I know some people got N9's from Negri and they weren't branded by Starhub.

Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
That's not necessarily the case, I know some people got N9's from Negri and they weren't branded by Starhub.
Do the unbranded phones just have a Nokia startup sequence? I know I shouldn't quibble about such things but that kind of stuff annoys me.

Which of the various sources listed here aren't branded?

Last edited by geohsia; 2011-10-28 at 02:44.

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge