Active Topics

Notices

I've just started using FreOffice and it's great for browsing documents and minor editing but I haven't tried to do anything substantial in it. Obviously so much quicker than OpenOffice though since its so light.

I'm planning to set it as my default but dbus switchboard hasn't exactly worked out of the box for me. I haven't had a chance to play with it properly though. For some reason it's opening jpg's in the maemo browser and text/plain claims to not have a handler.

<Update> To get photos opening with the maemo photo app, I had to set image/pjpeg to green in the defaults tab. I also got .txt working when I realised leafpad's handler needed quotation marks so it was leafpad "%params%" unfortunately text/plain files without an extension still don't work unless i run leafpad then open them through it, it still claims that no handler is configured.

I also haven't managed to get FreOffice working. It launches but just sits on the loading screen until you tap it and it closes. I've tried %params% %params2% and %realparams% as well as each with the quotation marks. What did others use?

Last edited by krisgesling; 2010-10-19 at 10:47.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by nikossonik View Post
after installing the app, xls, xlsx doc and docx files are associated with openoffice and not with documents to go. The icons from DTG also changed to default white system icons. I tried to asociate them with the program, but i cannot do it. Anyone can help??
nikossonik and m.alkhalel (who contacted me in private): I don't have Documents to Go installed, so I cannot comment, except to suggest that you delete all of the problem extensions from the X-Refs tab in the Dbus Switchboard GUI.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
nikossonik and m.alkhalel (who contacted me in private): I don't have Documents to Go installed, so I cannot comment, except to suggest that you delete all of the problem extensions from the X-Refs tab in the Dbus Switchboard GUI.
thx for ur reply but now it tells me "no handler onfigured" and even deleting the pro. didnt solve the problem.
how can i add dtg to the X-Refs list? i tried to add it to the handlers list then to s-refs list but without any success.

Last edited by m.alkhalel; 2010-12-10 at 09:34.

Help! I don't know how to associate xls files to freoffice. The GUI of dbus switchboard seems not to exist at all in my n900 and really I don't want to use the xterm.
My problem is that I have a xls file as a mail attachment and it is opened by gnumeric. I wish to read the attachment by freoffice but I can't do because mail prevents to download attachment.

is there a new link for the n8x0 version of dbus-switchboard? I just re-flashed today and it's no longer in the application manager and the links in this thread are dead.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hi lem0ns,

It should be in the extras-devel repository for the N8x0. Is it gone?

I have extras-devel enabled and it's not showing up.

Quick, grab the package from somebody's /var/cache/apt/archives ?

No trace of the diablo version here !?

http://maemo.org/packages/view/dbus-switchboard/

Wow, ok, well, let me see if I can package something and push it into Diablo Extras-Devel. If I can still remember how ;-)

I think I found a bug.
Since I installed dbus-switchboard, jpeg files get opened by web browser. I tried to disable everything, to restore default settings, but if I have dbus-switchboard installed, jpeg files get opened by web browser.
If I uninstall dbus-switchboard, jpeg files start to get opened by image viewer.