OK ..Im a newbie to this site. I have a simple problem. I need to dial *556# to check my credit.

I have read or tried to read all the posts on this forum for a solution. However no luck. Can someone just tell me what to download or a script to run etc to do help me out?

thanks in advance

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mississauga, ON Canada
Originally Posted by etnconnect View Post
OK ..Im a newbie to this site. I have a simple problem. I need to dial *556# to check my credit.

I have read or tried to read all the posts on this forum for a solution. However no luck. Can someone just tell me what to download or a script to run etc to do help me out?

thanks in advance
Download and install USSD Widget from the extras-devel repository.

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded it it automatically installed. I rebooted and then tried to dial the number via the phone dial pad. Still showing me Incorrect number. I checked the list of installed programs for any special program...nothing.... any advice..

went to this site

http://maemo.org/packages/view/ussd-widget/

no instructions ...

at this point im quite lost......

went to this site

http://maemo.org/packages/view/ussd-widget/

no instructions ...

at this point im quite lost......
http://kibergus.su/en/node/3

The Following User Says Thank You to KiberGus For This Useful Post:
ok my current status is this.

i have installed the widget, and i see it on my desktop

when i click on it though, its always showing error. I manually loaded it from the x-terminal with python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/ussd-widget.py

and it also gave me an error.

Im expecting to define or send some parameters to the widget so as to access these features from my network

Any advice......

--if we dont solve this , then we cant use our N900 in south africa during world cup ") ------

All i need to do is type *556# to check my outstanding balance and
*555*123456789012# to load funds on my sim... Shouldnt be this difficult.

Last edited by etnconnect; 2010-03-27 at 12:18.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mississauga, ON Canada
ok my current status is this.

i have installed the widget, and i see it on my desktop

when i click on it though, its always showing error. I manually loaded it from the x-terminal with python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/ussd-widget.py

and it also gave me an error.
Bring up the app's settings dialogue box by touching/holding anywhere on the screen. You'll see a little gear cog icon on the left side of thw widget. Click the gear cog icon to bring up the settings dialogue. Enter your numbers in USSD Number field. Give it a name. Save your settings. Touch the widget to send your request. Voila!

Hope this helps.

Last edited by instigator; 2010-03-27 at 21:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to instigator For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by instigator View Post
Bring up the app's settings dialogue box by touching/holding anywhere on the screen. You'll see a little gear cog icon on the left side of thw widget. Click the gear cog icon to bring up the settings dialogue. Enter your numbers in USSD Number field. Give it a name. Save your settings. Touh the widget to send your request. Voila!

Hope this helps.
Yes it does.. Excellent. Much appreciated......

Thanks for the previous help.....

Question:

What if i want the USSD to request a value to be entered by me.

E.G.

I want to press LOAD CREDIT on my desktop which has already been preprogrammed to invoke *556# but before sending the request to the carrier, i want to enter 12345567755# after which it then sends.

Right now, if i program in *556#123456789012# it works. Im just pushing the envelope a little bit more.

So again ,

1) the widget is preprogrammed with *556# after which it requests a value to be passed to it after which i enter and submit, it then transmit to the carrier. Is this even possible.
thanks

Hello frends, Who is can help me ? why I can't call to nr *111(#) . All nr finished with # number I can't call =( who is why ?
And where I can download this pr1.2 dsk and how install. Tank for all who is can =)
and I can speak english, russian, persian, dari, swedish, and ukr.

Tags
dial, dialing, lack of phone features, lack of quality control, sms, telephony, ussd