Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
So no refunds, no tablets, no news, no OS updates?
What do we have?
We have no invites, that is atleast more than nothing.

https://mikecanex.wordpress.com/2015...tablet-a-scam/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-01-11 at 21:15.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
So no refunds, no tablets, no news, no OS updates?
What do we have?
Would you believe... nothing.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
From email:
Finally, for any backers who may have previously received information from us regarding refunding options ("Option 1" and "Option 2"), please disregard this previous communication going forward.
So that was taken off the table it seems. Wow.

Or am I miss interpreting things...?
In my personal opinion, no. You are not misinterpreting things at all.

And when I asked them for a refund, they refuse to give an answer regarding this.
So this upcoming surprise better be worth it or they'll incur some serious wrath from more than just a few individuals.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So this upcoming surprise better be worth it or they'll incur some serious wrath from more than just a few individuals.
I will be again "Grim Reaper" but I am quite sick an tired of their surprises. You've all been asking why I was so bitter. Probably because I spent my time for 24 emails with Jolla service, while they've only replied 4,

This was their last - entire message:

Hello,

you have recently been in contact with us regarding a Tablet refund request. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. This has been due to the difficult and unclear situation faced by Jolla, which in turn has impacted the Tablet project.

What we at Service and Support have been advised to share with you is that more information will be forthcoming about the Tablet project's status after the New Year. Decision-making regarding the Tablet project is a prioritized item on the Jolla Board of Director's end of year meeting agenda. So, once more is known this will be shared via the Jolla Blog and email.

Therefore, and in light of the above, no further action is required of you at this point regarding your refund request.

On a related note, some backers have asked about people who may have already received a refund. To this point, Jolla has only refunded a handful of backers, but this was by mistake at that point. Much of the refunding action was based on the understanding that funding would come in - it did not; mistake made. From here on out our aim is to devise a plan that is fair for all Tablet backers.

Finally, for any backers who may have previously received information from us regarding refunding options ("Option 1" and "Option 2"), please disregard this previous communication going forward.

We look forward to resolving this situation with you as soon as we can in early 2016.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Sincerely,
Jolla Customer Care

Keep in mind that this was written around New Years Eve.
But several days after I have contacted them again, to be clear on that. I asked will we receive our refund, they've kept silent...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So that was taken off the table it seems. Wow.

In my personal opinion, no. You are not misinterpreting things at all.

You know, I sincerely hope something good comes out of all this because, tbh, this has been a pretty sad last 5 or 6 months...

Last edited by mscion; 2016-01-12 at 02:58.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel