Active Topics

Closed Thread
Is the browser being updated to newer gecko versions? I like to use google docs / gmail in the browser and today Google announced they wont be supporting older browser versions anymore:
http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com...-browsers.html

MicroB is based on an older version of Firefox, so that probably means no more google docs/gmail in the default browser.

The Following User Says Thank You to Axeia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
As a super noob and Xterm-aphobe, may I ask the good people working on the cssu if it is ready for someone like me to install, or is it still cooking on the stove?

Thanks for your hard work on this!

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Axeia View Post
Is the browser being updated to newer gecko versions? I like to use google docs / gmail in the browser and today Google announced they wont be supporting older browser versions anymore:
http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com...-browsers.html

MicroB is based on an older version of Firefox, so that probably means no more google docs/gmail in the default browser.
It's running on the Gecko Firefox 3.5 shipped with. I think I made a thread about this a few days ago. Any chances of anyone looking into the patches Nokia slapped onto microb-engine to see if you can forward port them onto 4.0? (P.S.: Fennec for Maemo is horrid on 600Mhz.)

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
cssu if it is ready for someone like me to install, or is it still cooking on the stove?
well i've been using cssu for a long while now and i say go for it, i found it to be super stable, easy install, very smooth and well worth the added features... hope i helped

The Following User Says Thank You to mohi2k7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I just updated my cssu to the latest and the on screen keyboard no longer shows in portrait mode and forces the phone to landscape. Worked fine in the previous version.

EDIT: Got it working again. Force rotation was disabled in transitions.ini but the status menu didn't change it.

Last edited by Zas; 2011-06-03 at 19:58.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
As a super noob and Xterm-aphobe, may I ask the good people working on the cssu if it is ready for someone like me to install, or is it still cooking on the stove?

Thanks for your hard work on this!
It's OK, you don't need x-term for it to work and it patches a few things. It is NOT stable release, meaning it hasn't been installed enough times without issues to be deemed polished, but it's not full of holes, either.

There's always a risk. It varies from it-will-set-your-house-on-fire (early alpha) to works-for-me (alpha) to works-for-me-does-it-work-for-you (beta) to works-for-a-lot-of-people-is-there-anyone-left (late beta) and to works-for-everyone (Final).

CSSU is now in late beta. However, each release brings new stuff, so it's late beta for older features, early beta for new ones.

For example, some people have random pictures not being taken, say one in 20 (says one report). Also, it seems selecting is gone in emails (need to press forward and copy from there).

Can you live with that?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
First of all, I would like thank all of CSSU team members for their awesome work.

I was wondering if anyone else has been having problem with the Unlock screen in portrait mode? Mine just goes all weird, sometimes the image is not completely rendered. I'm currently using the N-Series theme.

Originally Posted by Manuvimal View Post
First of all, I would like thank all of CSSU team members for their awesome work.

I was wondering if anyone else has been having problem with the Unlock screen in portrait mode? Mine just goes all weird, sometimes the image is not completely rendered. I'm currently using the N-Series theme.
Yeah the lockscreen sorta half supports portrait mode.

If u lock the phone while in portrait mode, it doesnt seem to render the lockslider properly.

If you lock it in landscape and thens witch to portrait, the lockslider renders properly but the background image is jumbled and doesnt resize correctly.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Hi people,

Is instald the last ssu ota update.
Now my exchange is not working any more with nuevasync.
Was there a change?

And will there be gmail(calender, contacts and mail) support?

thx voor the support!

EDIT: Nuevasync changed to ipv6

Last edited by Wimmert; 2011-06-05 at 15:09.

is that any possible to make the sms conversation screen wrap in portrait mode?

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade