Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 620 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Netherlands
libzeemote-conf can now be promoted to testing, so I guess it is just a matter of time before you can put zeemote support back.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to X-Fade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by wakkamis View Post
Al these updates this weekend and still no Mario RPG. :C
Still a great app tho!
I would like to see this fxed, too. Any chance this will happen?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
It's not a "fix". It's SA-1, and it's probably the most demanding chip in emulation. And there are two ways to do this:
a) The easy way: just ship the PocketSnes 65C816 C interpreter, which has been proven to work (and enabling it in DrNokSnes is just a reconfigure & recompile away).
b) The hard way: adapt the currently in use assembler 65C816 interpreter to also act as SA-1 one. Since this is the research project and the "proper way this is what I'd like to do when I find the time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Hi javispedro,
would it be possible to add rapid fire function on the future release?
sorry for asking it again...is it easy to do that btw?

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Do SuperFX games such as Star Fox, Vortex and Stunt Race FX work at playable framerates with this emulator?
Can anyone help me with this question? I dont want to purchase the games if they are not going to work.

Thank you.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Can anyone help me with this question? I dont want to purchase the games if they are not going to work.
Thank you.
I checked Vortex and Stunt Racer FX for you and they both do not run.
It show the 2D stuff at the beginning (logos etc.) and then the screen goes black.
Starfox emulation is slow and with a lot of artifacts, but I tested this 1 or 2 updates ago. However, I still don't think we can expect smashing results from that either if I would test this again.
It would be really cool if those FX games could run (decently) on this otherwise fantastic and smooth emulator.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkwolf For This Useful Post:
I posted a new thread recently about an idea to better use the accelerometer in emulators but it went down like a sack of bricks I'll post it here as I had DrNokSnes in mind when I wrote it...here's the gist of it:
Basically the current use of the accelerometer on emulators that support it is pretty much 'all or nothing', which doesn't really work well enough to be of any real use. What I suggest is that accelerometer movements can be assigned to specific buttons/dpad directions and used in conjunction with the keyboard keys. What would also be cool would be to have the emulator recognize simple accelerometer-based gestures, for example a 'flick' gesture, and have these assignable to buttons also.

Here is a quick example of how the accelerometer could be used:

F-Zero:
Tilt left/right = Left and Right shoulder buttons (tilt car for going round corners tighter)
Tilt up/down = Up/Down on dpad (Angle car up/down during jump)
Flick = jump
All other buttons assigned to keyboard keys.

I'm sure you can think of many other uses in other games!

Obviously controls would have to be saved on a per-game basis so you didn't have to keep reassigning them every time you played a different game.
Seems like adding this feature would be relatively easy...? Would definetely help with the controls when I don't have my PS3 pad with me!

Hey everyone, I just downloaded Drnoksnes and I've managed to get loads of roms but everytime I try open it my N900 screen goe black and then goes back to the main screen of Drnoksnes. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know its not the roms because they are zipped andI haven't unzipped them, also can I play NDS games on Drnoksnes?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
unzip them and tell us the file extension.
no you can't play nds games with DrNokSnes.

I unzipped them but they don't show up

Tags
drnoksnes, emulator, games, snes, zeemote