Active Topics

Anything new going on with Diablo5? Or has this project stopped?

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
nope. I am too lazy
What do you want to improve?

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
Hi Kroll,

for me the bigest disadvantage is the inability to use the a-gps program provided by nokia.
Also when I install diablo 5 theme + the telescope task switcher, my films begin to choke. I coud not identify which one is actually eating my precious cpu cycles, but I'm betting on telescope, than the theme.

Hey lidow,
I have no idea why a-gps doesn't show the map (i suspect you are talking about this issue), I checked the background with map - it is still on the right place with correct name. I don't know why a-gps doesn't use it. But if you have already chose your location this issue doesn't apply to you, does it? Anyway you can put the mark according your coordinate (it shows the coordinate on the bottom).

Telescope doesn't use the cpu as it inactive. So I really doubt its fault. If you want you can ask Mitrandir (the Telescope creator) about it.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
Hey Kroll, Diablo5 theme is really good, but, I have some considerations:

- Do you know about the LED Notification issue? I don't know if you guys are fighting against this, but i was. Every mail, call or chat message i have to imagine "who/what/where" and this s*cks. I've made some changes to /etc/mce/mce.ini to disable Chat, E-mail and Call notifications using the LED. All others stay the same.

Link to file is here:

http://ttablet.net/down/maemo/n8x0/themes/mce.ini

$ sudo gainroot
# mv mce.ini /etc/mce/
# shutdown -r now <<this will reboot your device>>
Hope it works with you guys,

Regards

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by lidow View Post
..... I install diablo 5 theme + the telescope task switcher, my films begin to choke. I coud not identify which one is actually eating my precious cpu cycles, but I'm betting on telescope, than the theme.

I have had similar issues since this post in the MediaBox Thread

Since the integration of Telescope & Diablo5, I play my videos on the base unmodified Flash boot.... instead of the SD Boot.

...What are you playing your films in?: Canola2, MediBox, MPlayer....

I have noticed recently that some videos (podcasts ) play sort of OK when played in MediaBox with the GStreamer backend VS the MPLayer backend... ... before, the MPlayer Backend seemed to be the best .

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
That's bad. But i really was not able to reproduce the issue.

Technicaly, Telescope actually adds its hook which is fired every time any drawing was made on the screen. But this not includes video playback, because XVideo draws its picture on the screen in very specific way.
And i had always played video using MPlayer and didn't had any issues with performance...

May be if you can upload some video fragment which causes the issue on your device and detailed instruction how to reproduce the issue, this might help me to see it on my device...

I haven't got any problems with video as well using MPlayer.
tuliobaars, it is ridicules: you can just turn off LED indication of Mail in Control Panel - Screen.

Mitrandir, when Telescope take care of notifications?

Last edited by Kroll; 2010-12-22 at 16:11.

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
I know it and I tried to fix it yesterday. I don't know how to make it nice and visible at the same time yet, but I will keep trying.
Making MediaPlayerToolbarFontColor "#ffffff" in gtkrc appears to work for me:

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
jstokes
Thats neat! I've never knew MediaPlayerToolbarFontColor "#ffffff" is the decision! Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post: