@Sky first of all this is gr8 work
and you told there is a proof of concept Hildon-desktop in arch
do u have links to that site or forum .. from 2 days im googlng "Hildon in arch " no result
thank you

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
I followed your advice and here is what i have this time:

Anyone has an idea of what to do from here???

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
I followed your advice and here is what i have this time:

Ok, looks like bootloader stuff is OK. Unfortunately, I cannot directly say why it does not work. Those errors you see on screen are always there so they're not related. Can you add
Code:
debug loglevel=8 ignore_loglevel verbose=1
to your kernel boot args to see if you get some more info out of it? After that, you can also try adding
Code:
systemd.unit=emergency.target
and see if you can get to login prompt. Remember to update your bootmenu after adding those.

Originally Posted by irshad2318 View Post
@Sky first of all this is gr8 work
and you told there is a proof of concept Hildon-desktop in arch
do u have links to that site or forum .. from 2 days im googlng "Hildon in arch " no result
thank you
Thanks, you're welcome. My try with HD was more like a proof-of-concept tryout, it's not packaged or publicly available, not yet at least. I'll see if I manage to find the time to get it up-to-date and recompiled. Also, note that it is not the full Hildon Desktop experience you see in Fremantle, it's just the window manager.

Originally Posted by Skry View Post
Ok, looks like bootloader stuff is OK. Unfortunately, I cannot directly say why it does not work. Those errors you see on screen are always there so they're not related. Can you add
Code:
debug loglevel=8 ignore_loglevel verbose=1
to your kernel boot args to see if you get some more info out of it? After that, you can also try adding
Code:
systemd.unit=emergency.target
and see if you can get to login prompt. Remember to update your bootmenu after adding those.
Wow , it sounds a bit like chinese for me , but i'll try it by my side and post my feedbacks!!! Thanks for your help!!

Wow , it sounds a bit like chinese for me , but i'll try it by my side and post my feedbacks!!! Thanks for your help!!
Just put those to the same line where you have rootwait omapfb etc stuff, inside the " ", update menu and try to boot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
@Sky thank u

if u can .. it will best device forever ..
i fell in love with hildon .. arch + HD real power in hand
thanks to penguin

Just put those to the same line where you have rootwait omapfb etc stuff, inside the " ", update menu and try to boot.
okay, here is my bootmenu .item:

Code:
ITEM_NAME="Arch Linux ARM (SD Card)"
ITEM_KERNEL="/boot/uImage"
ITEM_DEVICE="${EXT_CARD}p1"
ITEM_FSTYPE="ext4"
ITEM_OMAPATAG="1"
ITEM_CMDLINE="root=/dev/mmcblk0p0 rootwait init=/bin systemd omapfb.vram=0:3M,1:3M,2:3M quiet"
Where do I put those lines ?

Last edited by Boemien; 2013-04-30 at 20:24. Reason: rootwait and init are written on a single line

@Boemien

I already told you where to put those Anyway, hold on with that, you still (probably) have error in your boot args, you are referencing /dev/mmcblk0p0 there, it should be p1 if your rootfs is on the first partition.

@Boemien

I already told you where to put those Anyway, hold on with that, you still (probably) have error in your boot args, you are referencing /dev/mmcblk0p0 there, it should be p1 if your rootfs is on the first partition.
yeah when i change mmcblk0p0 to p1 here is what i have

anyway i will try to overwrite all the things and start by the beginning. thanks.

ITEM_CMDLINE="root=/dev/mmcblk0p0 rootwait
init=/bin/systemd omapfb.vram=0:3M,1:3M,2:3M quiet"[/CODE]
Besides using mmcblk0p1, please check there is no newline after rootwait. It should be a single line.

The Following User Says Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post: