Notices

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I flashed my N900, installed Yappari and I copied my old logs into /home/user. Now I can see old messages and I can see new messages, but when I close Yappari and start it again, the new messages are gone. I also can't download pictures that other people send me.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by IceKeeper View Post
I flashed my N900, installed Yappari and I copied my old logs into /home/user. Now I can see old messages and I can see new messages, but when I close Yappari and start it again, the new messages are gone. I also can't download pictures that other people send me.
Looks like bad permissions, you copied them as root.

try:

chown -R user:users /home/user/.yappari /home/user/.config/scorpius

EDIT: About downloading pictures, you have to be more specific like what kind of error you get. If the Download button is disabled is because you copied only the logs instead of the whole /home/user/.yappari folder. You can't download the pictures again (the URL expires in WhatsApp servers) and you can't see the pictures because you didn't copy them.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-07-16 at 16:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by cdooh View Post
Mlwane what scripts could those be
They are scripts to launch Yappari at start up and check for the sizes of cache and log, and also monitor Yappari so that if it crashes it would launch it again.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks, the new messages are saved now!

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

EDIT: About downloading pictures, you have to be more specific like what kind of error you get. If the Download button is disabled is because you copied only the logs instead of the whole /home/user/.yappari folder. You can't download the pictures again (the URL expires in WhatsApp servers) and you can't see the pictures because you didn't copy them.
I meant a new picture that a person sent me after I installed Yappari again. I copied the whole folder with logs and pictures, so I can see the old pictures. In a few minutes I will try, if I can download new pictures. Just have to wait until someone sends me one

Edit: I can download new pictures. Everything works now. Thanks

Last edited by IceKeeper; 2013-07-16 at 17:44.

Hi, I flashed my phone yesterday, and now I can't log in, yappari tries to connect but fails. "old_version" it says, I'm using 0.0.35 version, whats happened?
(sorry about my awful english :/ )
Attached Files
File Type: txt yappari.txt (2.0 KB, 87 views)

Yeah registration stopped working.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Yeah registration stopped working.
Are you going to fixed? (and the status thing as well?).

Is just a question, not a mandatory.

Greetings.

Yes I'm gonna fix it, though it usually takes time.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
For the last 2 days, when I restart Yappari, Yappari ask me to register my phone number. Then everything runs like normal until I quit and run Yappari again. It this a new problem with Whatsapp or must I send my logs to Scorpius? FYI, I quit Yappari to test this problem. It usually runs in the background 24x7 but noticed this problem when I rebooted my phone a few days ago.

Hi, I recently changed phones as my old one broke. I installed yappari and now registration is failing.

(have taken imei and phone number out of log)
Attached Files
File Type: txt yappari.txt (4.0 KB, 127 views)

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp