Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
enable heap and swap. use it for sometime and occassionaly give it some restarts it will be faster. my cpu is set at 550 max and running like a silk.
how to enable heap nd swap?
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
how to enable heap nd swap?
to enable swap:

Code:
Open Xterminal type:
root
mount /home /and
leafpad /and/default.prop

Look for persist.swap.swappiness=0 then change the 0 to 1
For enabling heap:

Code:
Open Xterminal and type:
root
leafpad /home/system/build.prop
At the end of the file add the following line:
dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m 
save it. done

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
thank you. but why do i have to reboot nitdroid frequently.? and how does it make it fast?

(edited) the second one was done from before.so i dint hav to add the new line. so i only did the swappiness
BACKUPMENU

Last edited by trisha02; 2012-01-14 at 07:36.

I have installed nitdroid 2.3.4 and its works well but today morning i playing GOF 2 and my phone crashed now its not starting i have 3 options in multiboot 1. Maemo, 2. Maemo with kp49 and 3. Nitdroid. When selecting nit its showing Guru meditation and for maemo its deadloops. Any way to solve without reflash coz i have very precious data on my phone.

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
thank you. but why do i have to reboot nitdroid frequently.? and how does it make it fast?

(edited) the second one was done from before.so i dint hav to add the new line. so i only did the swappiness
i dont know but as my experience in using nitdroid it becomes faster after few restarts. if you want to come back to 2.3.4, use 2.3.7 for few days until it becomes smooth and fast then revert back to 2.3.4. you will enjoy stability of 2.3.4 and smoothness of 2.3.7. and also new version of market will also work in 2.3.4 without any force closes.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hermes040 View Post
I give up
Flashed my phone, tried installing with latest beta maybe 10 times. Copied the files in MyDocs, MyDocs/nitroid , MyDocs/.nitroid.. none of them is seen. Allowed download, installation goes on, but i see some error messages in xterminal like directory not found, file not found, etc.
And as klarkent says, it's annoying the uninstaller also uninstalls multi-boot and kernel power every time
its MyDocs/.nitdroid not .nitroid

Originally Posted by Gky007 View Post
I have installed nitdroid 2.3.4 and its works well but today morning i playing GOF 2 and my phone crashed now its not starting i have 3 options in multiboot 1. Maemo, 2. Maemo with kp49 and 3. Nitdroid. When selecting nit its showing Guru meditation and for maemo its deadloops. Any way to solve without reflash coz i have very precious data on my phone.
just reflash only kernel...

see this

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=12

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Gky007 View Post
same with me.. ... very depressing... btw nitdroid reboots perfectly till the maemo kernel crashes,..

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
i dont know but as my experience in using nitdroid it becomes faster after few restarts. if you want to come back to 2.3.4, use 2.3.7 for few days until it becomes smooth and fast then revert back to 2.3.4. you will enjoy stability of 2.3.4 and smoothness of 2.3.7. and also new version of market will also work in 2.3.4 without any force closes.
ok. i will use as u say.but after using 2.3.7 and rebooting it few times. when it becomes fast enough you hav to help me to revert back..
BACKUPMENU

i have reflashed my N900 but now HDD is invisible in file manager what to do now :9 plz help

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid