Active Topics

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Thanks for the info Peter, I also would like to ask for some more information. I appreciate that you are taking the feedback into account, I mean we all like to have bug-free phones. But if you need some more time why not just say so? I mean everyone kept telling us "End of October is still valid". If you cant keep that date just come out and say so. I would have no problem waiting for it till December If nokia comes out and says clearly that they need the time. It would really help if you applied some of the openness you are saying the N900 and maemo is providing to the Marketing and shipping process too..

Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
Thanks for the info Peter, I also would like to ask for some more information. I appreciate that you are taking the feedback into account, I mean we all like to have bug-free phones. But if you need some more time why not just say so? I mean everyone kept telling us "End of October is still valid". If you cant keep that date just come out and say so. I would have no problem waiting for it till December If nokia comes out and says clearly that they need the time. It would really help if you applied some of the openness you are saying the N900 and maemo is providing to the Marketing and shipping process too..
that's exactly the fact why this thread is still alive

Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Ladies, gentlemen,

as much as I love the discussion, are you sure you want to continue these threads endlessly? The day we start shipping you will see a Nokia press release announcing just that. The first Nokia N900 will not magically appear in some shop suddenly, somewhere, sometime, but we will let you know when we start shipping from the factory.

And yes, we've gotten some decent feedback from the community after the Maemo Summit from those 300 devices we gave out with some things we haven't detected in our usual-for-all-devices testing around the world. Some of this feedback, we want to take into account in both the first sales software release i.e. PR1.0 and some in software updates we provide later this year.
Hello.

Thanks for letting us know

I have just seen at a danish webshop called "Proshop". And they have allways had a unconfirmed date. Suddenly they had not any date for some time. But suddenly again they have got a "Confirmed" date at 15-11-2009. So lets hope for the best

http://www.proshop.dk/showproduct.aspx?prodid=218785

From Kehaan.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
hello from amazon.com.

We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on september 21 2009 (order# 199-7999968-199999).

"nokia n900 mobile computer unlocked cell phone--u.s. Version with full warranty"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/b002ob49sw

still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on november 20 2009, if we haven't located it by then.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/order/edit.html

you'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html/

if there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in "your account" (www.amazon.com/your-account).

By approving the new delivery estimate, you are letting us know that you still want the item(s) though they may arrive later than expected. If there are other items in your order, they will ship according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in "your account" (http://www.amazon.com/your-account).

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

THE MAN SPOKE, so why still speculation? when it starts shipping like he said everybody will know, why cant we sit and wait on it?

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
... I appreciate that you are taking the feedback into account, I mean we all like to have bug-free phones. But if you need some more time why not just say so?
In regards to have bug-free devices, I think we need to be careful with what we wish for. Even if you look at the bugs reported from those 300 pre-production devices we handed out in Maemo Summit, we find some rather not-so-easy-to-judge bug reports such as bug 5391 "Virtual keyboard does not appear in Maps" or 5466 "Time in clock application not updated when not having focus". The first one is an UX inconsistency challenge but not exactly a end-of-the-world incident that really needs prioritization of R&D resources. The later one is actually on purpose as far as I understand to save battery i.e. refreshing content in display such as calendar data or clock not in focus drains the battery unnecessarily. We will consider and value all feedback. It helps us to deliver a better UX, but waiting for the bug free device built on open computer technology is like trying to find the holy grail.

Last edited by Peter@Maemo Marketing; 2009-10-22 at 06:34.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
THE MAN SPOKE, so why still speculation? when it starts shipping like he said everybody will know, why cant we sit and wait on it?
have fun with your decision,
i want an official statement from nokia, before 2012! without any copy&paste from there online shop

the nokia marketing sucks

Last edited by mak; 2009-10-22 at 06:29.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
they have not shipped it in USA yet. said before end of month.

i heard 3rd party, that it will be the 23rd...which is stupid. that is friday!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by mak View Post
have fun with your decision,
i want an official statement from nokia, before 2012! without any copy&paste from there online shop

the nokia marketing sucks
I think I can safely promise you "before 2012"! (Because I will look for another job if this thing soon doesn't leave the factory).

"Nokia marketing sucks"? Well, what should I say? Thanks for nothing, maybe?! ;-)

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Ladies, gentlemen,

as much as I love the discussion, are you sure you want to continue these threads endlessly? The day we start shipping you will see a Nokia press release announcing just that. The first Nokia N900 will not magically appear in some shop suddenly, somewhere, sometime, but we will let you know when we start shipping from the factory.

And yes, we've gotten some decent feedback from the community after the Maemo Summit from those 300 devices we gave out with some things we haven't detected in our usual-for-all-devices testing around the world. Some of this feedback, we want to take into account in both the first sales software release i.e. PR1.0 and some in software updates we provide later this year.
Not sure why you posted here, if you weren't going to say anything.

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda