Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by kosmi1 View Post
Yes but it gets active only when i choose a cap file..
I thought that if i choose my dictionary.. there is no need for a cap file to go on.. correct?
in other words i want to test my dictionary.
I have the wordlist containing the WPA key. If i press "Decrypt Packets" - "WPA" - "Select Dictionary" - "my_wordlist.txt" why i cant press Decrypt ?
Should i have to select a cap file first and then press Decrypt to find my key..?
i want to know if my dictionary is wrong ..
Read from here steps 2 and 4. My effort was to automate (as much as possible) those steps.

In short you need to capture the 4-way authentication handshake for the AP. This is stored in the .cap file and you test it against a wordlist (aka dictionary). So you need to choose both before the decrypt button becomes active.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Read from here steps 2 and 4. My effort was to automate (as much as possible) those steps.

In short you need to capture the 4-way authentication handshake for the AP. This is stored in the .cap file and you test it against a wordlist (aka dictionary). So you need to choose both before the decrypt button becomes active.
ok i just get the point.. thnx a lot

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
@Saturn
just came across this do you think that is the problem I have with aps with spaces posted here ???

Last edited by g0r; 2012-01-14 at 23:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to g0r For This Useful Post:
Saturn, any chances of adding support for interactive injection, as per:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=639
...implemented in:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1127
...?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by StefanL View Post
AFAIK, power kernel has injection drivers already included; is there really a need to load and unload the drivers?
(Sorry, I've never answered this, but I saw it again in the faircrack thread. It was more simple to find your post here..)

The bleeding edge drivers are not (yet) included in KP.

I suspect you have added a call to the load.sh in the boot sequence or added the drivers in the libs folder and then forgot about it..

Could it be the case?

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
(Sorry, I've never answered this, but I saw it again in the faircrack thread. It was more simple to find your post here..)

The bleeding edge drivers are not (yet) included in KP.

I suspect you have added a call to the load.sh in the boot sequence or added the drivers in the libs folder and then forgot about it..

Could it be the case?
Been doing some more research into this and still have not got a conclusive answer . Been looking into this for over a year now. My latest test confirm injection by aircrack-ng, but test for the injection driver shows stock drivers. I am sure injection has been working as part of my development on fAircrack (shameless plug ), so I am looking for some wisdom from the almighty Maemo Guru's to put my mind at ease. I think I am going to give in and just do what everybody else is doing and actually load and unload the drivers.

Last edited by StefanL; 2012-01-15 at 12:43.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Saturn, any chances of adding support for interactive injection, as per:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=639
...implemented in:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1127
...?

/Estel
I have answered this a few times. Last time was here
Haven't really understood why you linked those posts from the faircrack thread.

Been doing some more research into this and still have not got a conclusive answer . Been looking into this for over a year now. My latest test confirm injection by aircrack-ng, but test for the injection driver shows stock drivers. I am sure injection has been working as part of my development on fAircrack (shameless plug ), so I am looking for some wisdom from the almighty Maemo Guru's to put my mind at ease. I think I am going to give in and just do what everybody else is doing and actually load and unload the drivers.
In the screenshot you have there what was the command that gave you the interface info?

If you notice carefully there is an error. A script was executed and a sleep command was requested with 1s option.

I guess this script loads the drivers for you..

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
In the screenshot you have there what was the command that gave you the interface info?

If you notice carefully there is an error. A script was executed and a sleep command was requested with 1s option.

I guess this script loads the drivers for you..
Code:
sudo airmon-ng start wlan0

Code:
sudo airmon-ng start wlan0
Could you do
Code:
cat /usr/sbin/airmon-ng > /home/user/MyDocs/airmon-ng.txt
and attach/post here the airmon-ng.txt file you will find in your MyDocsfolder?

That could be it..

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver