Notices

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
I take it this is not the fremantle version? I don't see it.
That should have been 0.12.10-25, not 0.25

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Are you on Diablo? I've had several reports of this on Diablo and need to look into why it might be happening. I've not heard of any issues on Fremantle though.
Mine is fremantle (n900). Loading library seems much improved. However this is what I see and I am at a lost.
Maybe I missed out some important info as I didn't have the energy to follow the technical discussions closely.
Anyway thanks for your effort. It's an awful lot of work. I am sure many many users feel the same way.

[EDIT] sorry forgot to upload the screenshot. Here it is. Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by 009N; 2010-12-05 at 14:33.

Originally Posted by 009N View Post
Mine is fremantle (n900). Loading library seems much improved. However this is what I see and I am at a lost.
Does it hang on the same book every time? If so, can you send me a copy (maemo at robinhill.me.uk)?

No. Opening books is fine. But I just see a long unstructured list of books readable by the app without knowing what they are (pls. see the screenshot above).

ps Just for the record. My ePub books converted by Calibre look great!

Last edited by 009N; 2010-12-05 at 14:40.

No. Opening books is fine. But I just see a long unstructured list of books readable by the app without knowing what they are (pls. see the screenshot above).
That's odd - even for books without metadata it should at least show a title. If you click to "Edit information" on one of those, what does it show?

I was testing with the html version NET Bible (I have no religion though ). The archive is pretty big with many small files. The app treats each subdirectory as an individual book.
Switching to basic library view and turning off the book paths make things much smoother.
How to clean up the existing libarary database?

I was testing with the html version NET Bible (I have no religion though ). The archive is pretty big with many small files. The app treats each subdirectory as an individual book.
Ah, right. Yes, it doesn't handle sets of HTML documents very well. You could try using Calibre to convert them to an epub.

Switching to basic library view and turning off the book paths make things much smoother.
How to clean up the existing libarary database?
Clean up how? The library view should only show those books currently in the library path, though I think it retains details in the database. If you want to clear those out, the easiest option is to delete the library database files (~/.FBReader/books.*) and let it recreate them - that'll lose any customisation you've done to the library though. Otherwise you can use sqlite3 to edit the database directly.

I've uploaded 0.12.10-27 (for Diablo and Fremantle). The only change is support for handling svg image tags for EPub book covers (they were already supported within the books, just not for the cover). This support is a bit of a kludge though - the cover processing is done entirely separately from the main book processing, so there doesn't seem to be an easy way to make use of the same code. It works fine for the Baen epubs though, which is where I've noticed the issue.

The source code changes can be downloaded from here.

I've uploaded 0.12.10-28 (for Diablo and Fremantle).

This fixes the issue reported where the application exits directly from the book info screen. This was caused by the changes I'd put in to prevent reloading a book if it's reopened from the library. Fixing the issue required only a minor change, but pointed out a more significant issue. As this code is also used from the book info screen, additional checks needed to be added in order to reload the book if any critical changes have been made (i.e. language/encoding). This new version handles this, avoiding the bulk of the reloading work in the normal case, but doing a full reload when required.

The source code changes can be downloaded from here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
I'm having trouble to read chinese epub files fbreader. The same file works in dorian. Any idea how I should set it up to read chinese? Thanks.