Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Spenc3 View Post
Is that the deb from this thread or from devel-extra? The devel-extra seems to be outdated.

There is one in the garage page but it's TOTALLY outdated. I think we should start tracking there... here's the link:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?group_id=851

This is not related to the theme colour change, this is related to the night theme doesn't have the settings screen. This is a known issue. JoLouis may be able to fill this in (*NUDGE NUDGE*)

can you try start flipclock in XTerm and see what's being displayed for this error?
From devel-extra.

What's odd is my n900 just prompted me to update FlipClock to 0.9.7-5 - I did, and it appears to have uninstalled rather than update. I will try to reinstall it. Then I can try starting in xterm - what's the command line to kick it off?

Okay this is weird. The "update" was only 2MB or so when I'm sure the dowload last night was about 6-7MB. I unstalled it and the application disappeared from the "More..." applications page, and the shortcut on my desktop disappeared. But it hadn't been uninstalled, it had just disappeared. it wasn't listed as an installable application any more, it was on the list I could uninstall. So I did, and then I re-installed it. Again the download was 2MB and it has installed something, but the application still doesn't appear on the "More..." applications page. WTF? It's as if this 'update' that became available today is only half an application and it's not registered itself properly on the n900. What changed at devel-extras between 6pm last night and this morning to cause this?

Hmmm. "Applications > Uninstall" definitely believes I currently have 0.9.7-5 installed (the description says "Flip Alarm Clock C - 0.9.7 Beta"). But the garage page https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=3004 only shows 0.9.7-2, so where did -5 come from?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pauliharman View Post
Hmmm. "Applications > Uninstall" definitely believes I currently have 0.9.7-5 installed (the description says "Flip Alarm Clock C - 0.9.7 Beta"). But the garage page https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=3004 only shows 0.9.7-2, so where did -5 come from?

in garage u have 7 and 5 but no 2

Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
in garage u have 7 and 5 but no 2
Eh? The lartest version on the garage page I posted is flipclock_0.9.7-2-Fremantle_armel.deb

The version I appear to have downloaded from devel-extras is 0.9.7-5

It looks like the version on devel-extras is broken, but the version I downloaded from there yesterday (which I'm sure was 0.9.7-2) worked fine.

Originally Posted by pauliharman View Post
It looks like the version on devel-extras is broken, but the version I downloaded from there yesterday (which I'm sure was 0.9.7-2) worked fine.
yeap! u r right. I installed 0.9.7-2 from garage now and yes it is working

noap! doesnt work there is no sound when alarm time comes. no radio sound or choosen song sound

Last edited by raverpol; 2010-02-25 at 17:52.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Mississauga, ON
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
Hi guys

this appl looks fine but how touse it? I installed it but it is not in the menu so how can I run it??
If it's a N900, it should be at the end of the menu or if you have the mymenu stuff on, it's one of the "Others" application.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spenc3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
OKay guys jeepers you have to be a bit patient with us here! Spenc has been beating me up to get on packaging up his latest revisions and since the SVN got a major re-organization it's been a bit of a headache to get going... anyways so I finally sat down last night and spent some hours hacking away at things to get it all working.

Which of course meant that I mixed something up, compiled the package about 12 times, and though I tried to be diligent, ended up submitting a broken version of the package to extras-devel by accident at about 1am last night. I've repackaged again this morning so should all be good, but the version from last night will not show up in the application menu until you reboot the phone/device as there was an error in one of the scripts.

Please try 0.9.7-6 from extras-devel for Diablo or Fremantle. Let me know if it installs properly and shows up in the menu. This version has all of Spenc's latest fixes for audio stuff, and I finally fixed up the night theme for you guys!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Hi, is it ok just to update this software through the manager or is it better to uninstall then reinstall?

Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Please try 0.9.7-6 from extras-devel for Diablo or Fremantle. Let me know if it installs properly and shows up in the menu. This version has all of Spenc's latest fixes for audio stuff, and I finally fixed up the night theme for you guys!
sorry man but it doesnt work for N900. After installation there is no icon to run this appl in tablet menu