Active Topics

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
exactly..thats what that orientation lock button should be doing..and its possible, there were some experiments in that direction, some time ago..just thought it would be included in the cssu update..

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
To be honest, I would also love possibility to lock screen in *current* orientation, instead of landscape-only. for some use cases, it would be a life-saver. Not complaining, just thumbs-up.

/Estel
If I recall correctly, someone already did this patch, it doesn't seem to have been added in CSSU, I will try to find it.

Edit: found it
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80644

Last edited by Megaltariak; 2012-03-23 at 00:59.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
the version available in the thread is out of date and buggy if i remember correctly...but the devellopment went on with cssu team if i understood correcty....well..maybe next update will bring it

Don't know whether its a good suggestion or not but
maememo project can be included in the next update
i mean touching screen for 200ms will unlock your device and many more

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Dubai , United Arab Emirates
I have a bug to report.
After updating to the latest version of CSSU testing , 21.2011.38-1maemo1.2T , my phone restarts randomly. Upon restarting , when it reaches that 5 dots loading screen , it just stays there forever !
Is there a fix or is it just a random error or something ?

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
To be honest, I would also love possibility to lock screen in *current* orientation, instead of landscape-only. for some use cases, it would be a life-saver. Not complaining, just thumbs-up.

/Estel
search for hildon desktop portrait mode lock, it donloads new hildon desktop on top of cssu and allows to lock it in portrait with blacklist apps in landscape. apps only go landscape if keyboard opened otherwise stay in portrait another reason why i love my n900 "ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES=N900"
"IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE=N900"
"EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE=N900"!

The Following User Says Thank You to romiiio For This Useful Post:
Apologies if this is not the correct place to post but I am having issues upgrading to the latest CSSU: 21.20.11.38-1Tmaemo2.1.

When I try and install this it complains that there is no "rtcom-voip-accounts-support" (I think I removed this with apt-get autoremove!). When I try and install the missing package, it complains that no installation candidate is available.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
Apologies if this is not the correct place to post but I am having issues upgrading to the latest CSSU: 21.20.11.38-1Tmaemo2.1.

When I try and install this it complains that there is no "rtcom-voip-accounts-support" (I think I removed this with apt-get autoremove!). When I try and install the missing package, it complains that no installation candidate is available.
reboot and do update again, thats work(for me)

Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Yes, it should work flawlessly. You will have to type some command in terminal:
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true
Remember to reboot Maemo.

If You want to change wallpaper for portrait mode, just turn device to portrait and enter desktop edit mode.
Is this working and safe to use now, or is it still broken and causing reboots as was reported back in December?

EDIT: Also, if it is working, how would we set portrait backgrounds with an image set/theme in the .desktop file?

Last edited by ThePooBurner; 2012-03-23 at 18:34.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Sourav.dubey View Post
Don't know whether its a good suggestion or not but
maememo project can be included in the next update
i mean touching screen for 200ms will unlock your device and many more
It will not be included. It brings way to much packages we donīt need. Besides CSSUs goal is not to be more like Meego/Harmattan.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to towhatend For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing