Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
LOL- yeah amazingisn't it? But don't hold your breath.

I've just come back fromt he post office, returning mine by special delivery as well. Told them I want it back before Christmas. I better had or I'll be furious. What was wrong with yours?
You really should get it before. last RM special delivery post is the 22nd/23rd i think so that gives them well over a week to get this sorted! - Crossing finegrs for you!

Still no joy with emailing, phoning or webchat with MPD :s

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
You really should get it before. last RM special delivery post is the 22nd/23rd i think so that gives them well over a week to get this sorted! - Crossing finegrs for you!
Thanks Noob.

Originally Posted by Bomer View Post
Still no joy with emailing, phoning or webchat with MPD :s
Just ring, then keep redialling until they answer. that's what I did this morning. Took me about 3 attempts to get through. And whatever you do, don't let them fob you off with ' can you send an email to webshop@.... and we'll get back to you' because they won't.That'll be the last you hear.

I stuck it out his morning and finally got them to give me a Returns Number.

edit: I did get a reply from Karl Borges yesterday within half an hour of sending my email and he said he'd pass it straight onto the webshop manager- but hadn't heard anything by 11 so I decided to bother them some more. Still haven't heard from David Urch, so it was worth phoning.

Last edited by ninjaboxergirl; 2009-12-14 at 13:29.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Looks like the insurance rubbish info is being sent out. Got a letter at the end of last week with information about the insurance - note to self - cancel soon or i will forget! lol

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Still haven't heard from David Urch, so it was worth phoning.
Definately just phone David Urch and say something like "I have been in contact with Karl Borges and he said you will deal with it and get my replacement as soon as possible."

Just be really nice about it and hopefully get a replacement by end of week or next couple of days would be really nice!.

I think the pre-ordering stuff has calmed down a bit now. They should have "spare" n900s to post out.

BTW say that Karl "asked me to contact him and let him know how I got on" - nothing wrong with a bit of peer pressure!

You must get that n900 - you need it!

It just freaks me out when I use the terminal and type "uname -r" !!!!

Good Luck - will keep fingers (and other things) crossed for you!

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
I got my n900 on Friday and just want to know how long does it take to transfer my number from O2 to Vodafone?

My O2 was pay as you go and I signed up to Vodafone contract while keeping mu number.

I have no credit in my phone and it needs to be topped-up.
I keep holding off in-case the transfer comes through.

@ninjaboxergirl, I'm still waiting for my first (and hopefully last) delivery, was just in limbo over the weekend wondering if it would come on Saturday/Monday/whenever, so thats why I was excited to know what is going on. Its the not knowing that drives me nuts.

Anyone with problems with their device has my deepest sympathies, I'll be gutted if there is something wrong with mine.

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Definately just phone David Urch and say something like "I have been in contact with Karl Borges and he said you will deal with it and get my replacement as soon as possible."

Just be really nice about it and hopefully get a replacement by end of week or next couple of days would be really nice!.

I think the pre-ordering stuff has calmed down a bit now. They should have "spare" n900s to post out.

BTW say that Karl "asked me to contact him and let him know how I got on" - nothing wrong with a bit of peer pressure!

You must get that n900 - you need it!

It just freaks me out when I use the terminal and type "uname -r" !!!!

Good Luck - will keep fingers (and other things) crossed for you!
Thanks- does David have a special number, do you know?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Richmond, UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Looks like the insurance rubbish info is being sent out. Got a letter at the end of last week with information about the insurance - note to self - cancel soon or i will forget! lol
Was the letter from the insurance co itself? How do you cancel, does it have a phone number to call or via MPD? I have not received any letter yet, though I got the handset last Friday.