Active Topics

Ooh sounds like I had a lucky escape. Was going to go for the HD2 without even looking about until I spotted N900. I started to hear about bugs with HD2 and to be honest I've had enough after the HD1 bugs. HTC are impossible to get to fix bugs or admit to hardware fault. After a year and a half of firmware fiddling on my HD I never managed to get it to play music without skipping.

I ordered on 9th (late night) and mine is coming tomorrow too. Excited but must sleep now.

I received my n900 last Friday, but after second charge phone just doesn;t want to turn on, it's dead, I sent email to MPD yestarday - no answer, when you call them it's only voice mail. I'm crashed, I was waiting for it so many weeks now it's broken, nobody to contact with and I'm leaving uk on Saturday for two weeks for christmas. Does anybody knows how to cotact them and get replacement of my n900 ???

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by mike358 View Post
I received my n900 last Friday, but after second charge phone just doesn;t want to turn on, it's dead, I sent email to MPD yestarday - no answer, when you call them it's only voice mail. I'm crashed, I was waiting for it so many weeks now it's broken, nobody to contact with and I'm leaving uk on Saturday for two weeks for christmas. Does anybody knows how to cotact them and get replacement of my n900 ???
read back a few pages there are a few links for you.

mine did it's first random reboot yesterday, eeeeeeeeeeek!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by finlaybob View Post
See here for original post http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...753#post421753

I Got an email this morning 8.42AM:

To be honest I'd hoped it would be in today, and I'd actually be happier if they would prioritise mine over the new orders, I dont think I should be penalised for a faulty device.

Not that I want to skip the queue, its just some people who didn't pre-order have got theirs now.
Oh didn't realise you'd get an email. When did you return yours?

ARGHHH The postman just did it again! He walked past without a care for my N900 being delivered!!! I am going for a little cry again!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by BigAde View Post
ARGHHH The postman just did it again! He walked past without a care for my N900 being delivered!!! I am going for a little cry again!
they seem to come in special delivery vans, and not with the normal postie

Just got mine and raced into work where I should have been, flexi-time is goood.

Funny it came in one of the boxes I saw out the back of the Southampton store when the lady told me that all devices are posted from a central location. I'm still quite annoyed that she lied to my face so blatantly.

Got my N900 charging and the light came on, switched it on and no dead pixels, then had to leg it for work and leave it behind!

Hope the mic works and it doesn't randomly reboot - then I'm set!

Still "Pending stock" for me

Somebody knows how to open web chat with MPD ??? I need to get this bloody RAN number to get mobile replacement, I'm going for holidays on Saturday !!

Re.HTC - I have an Ipaq 6515 which was designed by HTC, no end of reboots, crashes and faulty sensor which makes it reboot etc. Terrible terrible company.

I had arranged a business contract for N900 in November for an N900 with mobilephonesdirect. However, my emails have been 'ignored' since the launch.

I am wondering if I should even bother ordering one through the website if I am not going to get any contact from MPD...?

The random reboots are distressing....