Notices

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
bummer :|
Mono mode doesnīt sound any different and it doesnīt make noisy channels any better. I wonder if itīs really working or am I doing something wrong.

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
I'd love to try this app out, but I can't get it to install -- I get an error in FapMan saying that /home/user/.config/Maemo/qradio.conf couldn't be removed.. which makes sense given that the app has never been installed on my N900

I tried creating a blank document with that name/location, but I wasn't able to fool the install script.. any ideas?
Which version are you trying to install? There is 0.2.0 on devel, which won't give you any error about the config file.

EDIT: Maybe you refreshed the repos, since only previous versions used to delete that file. Anyway, it wasn't stopping you from installing the app, I even renamed the file to avoid it being deleted.

Last edited by gionni88; 2011-01-08 at 20:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Mono mode doesnīt sound any different and it doesnīt make noisy channels any better. I wonder if itīs really working or am I doing something wrong.
I have no clue, this is what I do:
Code:
void Radio::forceMono()
{
    radio->setStereoMode(QRadioTuner::ForceMono);
    maemoBanner("Radio set to Mono Mode");
}

void Radio::forceStereo()
{
    radio->setStereoMode(QRadioTuner::ForceStereo);
    maemoBanner("Radio set to Stereo Mode");
}
I guess it's another bug of qtmobility. Hope new Libraries will fix it.

About the random stops, I think it's pulseaudio crashing, not the radio. Infact rds data keeps refreshing and it happens when cpu is at 100% load. I had the radio running alone for more than 4hours, and as soon as I pushed cpu to 100% it stopped.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
It looks not bad so far but I can't tune below 87,5 MHz like with "fmradio-wide" + "region mod", when will be lower frequencies supported?

The Following User Says Thank You to Crogge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by slender View Post
It depends on how the FM Mono mode you have got was created.

If they are creating mono for you just by taking the stereo audio & then summing it to mono before playing it, you get no better reception.

If the FM mono is received like the original FM mono receivers did it, that is by only using the L+R baseband signal and rejecting everything else, then yes the reception would be better.

Just summing the audio output of an FM stereo receiver does not improve the reception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_stereo#FM_stereo

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Romania
Thank you very much ... We really need something like this and we are looking for a long time!!!

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
A quick hack would be a wrapper script that's in sudoers that can echo 2/3 to the sysfs file, when a user requests a value under that currently set, you echo 3 for example, if the user goes back to a range he needs, you switch to 2.

You could make it transparent to the user, or you could add a "Switching frequency range" banner.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
It looks not bad so far but I can't tune below 87,5 MHz like with "fmradio-wide" + "region mod", when will be lower frequencies supported?
It already supports lower frequencies. While radio is up open xterm and as root go to /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0022/region and do
Code:
echo 3 > region
than restart radio. You can go till 76 now. I can automate that within the app, but till I don't know if this workaround works, I can't do that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
gionni88,
After quickly reading these:
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1...adiotuner.html
could it be that you can forcemono only before evoking start()

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
After installing and trying, all audio input including making calls was disabled, the person on the other end could not hear me. After reboot audio went back to normal. I will investigate further and report back. Anyone else had same outcome?