Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
backup site
http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/
http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/kbdd.tar.gz - this now includes support for OS2008 too

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Thank you very much

I have a Level one BLK-2000 foldable bt keyboard and works very well on n800 with 0S2008

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I have a strange occurrence with the new software: when running SciTE with the DBus bluetooth drivers (but not the old 770 ones) the enter key does not work. To make a new-line I have to turn off bluetooth or cut&paste a blank line. It works in all my other progs, just not SciTE.

Weird i can't get mine to work. It keeps saying cant find the keyboard even though I have the correct mac address in the conf file. As well it pops up a window saying bt keyboard not ready. suggestions? I'm using a bk600 bt keyboard btw. thanks.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ London UK
I was really pleased to get the freedom keyboard working this evening using the ideas/software in this thread. I just have two small niggles and wondered if anyone knew how to get round them.

1) the return key doesn't work - but I found I can type control M and this gets round the issue for the moment.

2) I did all the 11 steps in n9mjg post but find that the option in the extras menu to turn off the menu doesn't seem to work. I have to restart my N800 to type via the screen. Oddly the program in the extras menu refers to a bt keyboard but that might be normal.

Any ideas folks?

Mike

Oh and I should say I have an N800, running OS2008 with the original freedom bluetooth keybard ( I think - it was given to me )

Hi! I have the same problem as Mikroft... I have an OMIZ6220 and when I scan for it, it is found after a while. After modifying the .conf file, I lauch the btkbd and I get the same message. line 1 BDADDR... not found and "Keyboard not configured".

I really don't get it... Can anyone help please! Thanks!

W

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I believe the problem with the "return key" not working is some kind of timing error because if you press it repeatedly and rapidly you eventually get a return. It has to be rapid though; no amount of slowly repeating the return keypress will work but 4 or 5 rapid presses will usually yield a keypress.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by wenrolland View Post
After modifying the .conf file, I lauch the btkbd and I get the same message. line 1 BDADDR... not found
This means the btkbd.conf syntax is wrong. Which editor you used? Do not add any fancy characters or spaces, do not use Notes application, just
Code:
BDADDR=wh:at:ev:er
in plain text format. Use vi, nano, mcedit, joe or any other plain text editor.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Thank you Fanoush! I used Notes not knowing it was adding characters... I used Nano to remove the unnecessary characters and now it works great! This forum is great and Fanoush, you are very helpful! Thanks again.

Hi Fanoush,
I cannot make it work on Diablo... I followed what I did before on OS2008, and now it doesn't work. I edit the config file, try to start btkbd, but the pairing dialog box does not pop up... Any hints?