Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
I don't get why people still believe that nokia or a other company will release a meego device.you guys must be new here because most of us here hear this crap since over a year and nothing happened until now.
just lies,myths,fud, and other **** comes from the nokia side of life.
the fact is that meego will be what this community and our devs will make with it PERIOD
thats all
So that means if i read this right that LG will get MeeGo, and in fact everyone else who will use MeeGo, get from THIS community?.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
just buy something else. something real...

I thought I would have Nokia's next phone when I reached 1000 post. Its now clear to me that n900 will be my last
nokiaphone ever...

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-05-08 at 15:21.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
just buy something else. something real...

I thought I would have Nokia's next phone when I reached 1000 post. Its now clear to me that n900 will be my last
nokiaphone ever...
I must admit on the face of it many will think the same as you but i bet they bring out something that will spin heads, in fact i would bet on it .

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
I don't get why people still believe that nokia or a other company will release a meego device.you guys must be new here because most of us here hear this crap since over a year and nothing happened until now.
just lies,myths,fud, and other **** comes from the nokia side of life.
the fact is that meego will be what this community and our devs will make with it PERIOD
thats all
just because you are blind doesn't mean NOKIA has no vision.
but implementing a vision such as a new operating system in a market takes more time then typing in some empty thoughts on a forum or blog.
see Linux / GNU... the 1st 10 years after Linus Torvalds had created it, hardly anyone installed it leave alone used it on a home PC, except those who worked w/ it. just because since a couple yrs even a school kid can install the buntu crap on nearly any computer doesn't mean it always was like that.
same thing goes for Maemo / MeeGo with one slight difference; Linus created the Linux kernel for the sake of fun (nearly, in fact he was tired of having to pay for licenses to do something he thought he could do, possibly even better...)
NOKIA is the largest mobile phone company world wide. there is a little bit more inertia (call it social responsibility or whatever you want) involved then just... releasing the code and make it common good.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I must admit on the face of it many will think the same as you but i bet they bring out something that will spin heads, in fact i would bet on it .
True. "ever" means until something really really nice arrive

WoW...1000 Posts...Thank you all for some usful and some useless discussions!

Tags
just shoot me, meds 4 abill, meego?dead, misterdork