Poll: How well do you know your Maemo Council
Poll Options
How well do you know your Maemo Council

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
No more excuses about the maemo mailing lists :P.
I took the liberty to create the "maemo mailing lists forum"

More info here: http://www.valeriovalerio.org/?p=223
Forum here: http://n2.nabble.com/maemo-community...-f2589537.html

HTH

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
You just invited EVIL in there. I'm sure all Nokians will unsubscribe as soon as they find out.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
No more excuses about the maemo mailing lists :P.
I took the liberty to create the "maemo mailing lists forum"
FWIW, there is similar work going on at maemo.org itself:

However, I don't think Midgard's "forum" module is anywhere near as advanced (or useful yet) as Nabble or vBulletin.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Forum here: http://n2.nabble.com/maemo-community...-f2589537.html
Thanks! Action is what we need.

By the way, I think the -announce list is deprecated. Better to post announcements in maemo.org.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
No offense qgil my N800 has been successful for me in spite of Nokia's past support. Believe it or not.

In the past this forum and it's members are the only ones who seemed to care about your customers in North America so I am concerned about the future.

My forum sale question was used to help council members understand the crux of my concern. That is; how much influence does Nokia expect to have regarding the direction of this community? The answer I'm getting is "None at all... but BTW, they are buying this forum and paying some of the salaries at maemo.org."

My confusion and the questions raised by it are motivated by a desire to preserve what I truly see as the good in this community... not fear mongering.

BTW, some could care less about an ad supported site. I know I would actually pay for membership to a site that was a source for accurate and unbiased information. Maybe I'm different that way but that's what I thought forums were all about.

Please excuse me for going a little off topic in a thread that appeared to be summarily dismissed by a member of our community council in the 2nd post. My mistake.

(That last bit was not meant to provoke a response. It was/is only my perception... Enjoy your vacation GA. No topic here is important enough to interupt some scheduled R & R )

Quite well - I know many from #maemo where the medium is more conversational and interactive. I know them by their actions which have been positive and constructive. I certainly feel that any people 'elected' to herd cats are braver than I. If you don't mind me asking: did you stand pb?

YoDude - I guess I know GA (certainly his communication style and general enthusiasm) a bit and I can see how in the plain text of a forum you interpreted his message with a negative bias - from my conversations I'd just say he's a geek with OCD tendencies (like many of us) and was correcting a possible bug that may have helped clarify things for you. I'm certain he wasn't being dismissive (but I guess you knew that).

(I'm not really a forum bod but this one caught my eye as I was checking on the Shopper thread).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lbt For This Useful Post: