Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by saxen View Post
ok now 4.6.2 are installed! but when i try to install libqtm-location it gives me an error about unmet dependencies!

"libqtm-location depends: libqt4core (>= 4.6.2 git 20100401 but 4.6.2 git 20100310 is to be installed"
It seems that the Qt version that QtMobility needs is greater than the version in the current SDK.

It also seems that QtMobility is not yet a mature API, but still, you can do most things without it.

Everything will be fine with PR 1.2, though.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Italy
actually it really sucks -.-
i'd like to test apps on my phone in order to have a real feedback! hope to see pr1.2 soon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saxen For This Useful Post:
i'd like to test apps on my phone in order to have a real feedback! hope to see pr1.2 soon
You can, just ignore QtMobility.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
You can, just ignore QtMobility.
QtMobility is also a little bit strange. The Simulator included in the Nokia Qt SDK crashes when I create an instance of QSystemStorageInfo.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
i did the venom trick an updated all my apps...
unfortunately MyMenu has been uninstalled and can only because of the lack of old files no longer installed. can someone help me?

Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
unfortunately MyMenu has been uninstalled and can only because of the lack of old files no longer installed. can someone help me?
1) I'm not 'venom', I'm Venemo.
2) It may have been uninstalled because it needs the previous version of Qt.
3) On the previous page, I wrote down how to downgrade back to Qt 4.5 again.

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
IMPORTANT: Don't try this unless you know why you want to upgrade the Qt packages shipped with your n900 and MAKE SURE to read ALL the previous posts on this thread for the unintended side effects. Installing these packages DOES NOT mean that all the packages that depend on Qt packages will work. In fact, I would assume otherwise.

I decided to share this because I think is a little safer than adding the SDK catalog (not easier).

There is another way to get the 4.6.2 Qt packages - you can download them from http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...ree/q/qt4-x11/ and install them manually.

The packages are:
libqt4-core_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-dbus_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-gui_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-maemo5_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-multimedia_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-network_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-opengl_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-phonon_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-script_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-sql-sqlite_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-sql_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-svg_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-translations_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-webkit_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-xml_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb
libqt4-xmlpatterns_4.6.2~git20100310-0maemo1+0m5_armel.deb

Because you may want to install all of them I created a small script.

A little guide:
1. Save the two attached files to a NEW folder on your n900
2. open the terminal as the root user (if you don't know how, look around but it probably means that you should not try this... )
3. go to the directory where you saved the files.
4. if you don't have wget installed, install it:
Code:
apt-get install wget
5. run the script:
Code:
sh qt4-install.txt
6. you may want to remove "mp-fremantle-generic-pr" to avoid broken dependencies (again read first post on this thread)

The script(qt4-install.txt) is very simple and reads the list of files to download and install from the second file(qt4-packages.txt):

Code:
#!/bin/sh
while read line; do
	echo 'downloading: '$line
       	wget http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fremantle/free/q/qt4-x11/$line 
	dpkg -i $line
done < qt4-packages.txt
Last but not least: I BELIEVE developers should have (and had) their applications linked with the qt4-maemo (experimental) packages until PR 1.2 is out. It is just easier for users to install them and does not require hacks. The current policy to block qt packages from moving to testing sends a different message. A message that the right way of doing is using the "stock" packages that don't exist on the device. If you do so then you can't run the application on the device until PR 1.2 is out or you have to try some hack like this.
Attached Files
File Type: txt qt4-packages.txt (868 Bytes, 134 views)
File Type: txt qt4-install.txt (203 Bytes, 123 views)

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-05-22 at 14:09. Reason: extra comment

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Italy
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
same problem here with mymenu, it needs previous qt version! solution: downgrade, or wait for pr 1.2 in order to arrange menu as u like!

ps. u can try "catorize", similar app which works with this qt version(or maybe doesn't need qt at all) :O

Thanks for your guide!

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Last but not least: I BELIEVE developers should have (and had) their applications linked with the qt4-maemo (experimental) packages until PR 1.2 is out.
And thanks for pointing this out.
It is exactly what I recommended in my first post.

In fact, I prefer this:
- For development, use Qt 4.6, as the guides say. It is far more convenient, because Nokia Qt SDK needs it.
- For deployment, link to the experimental packages so regular users can install the apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Saxen,
I thought you may want to know that I was able to download the Qt Mobility 1.0 source code, compile using scratchbox and install on my phone.

Even better I was able to compile it against the qt4-maemo5-* packages so it does not even require this hack to work.

p.s. The only module that failed was the messaging but I attempt to find out why because I don't have a need for it yet

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Tags
libqt4, qt-sdk, remedy