Active Topics

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
@gemniii42: I assume you meant HSP? HSP is low quality mono sound, and A2DP is higher quality stereo sound. Different headphones will react differently when playing back via HSP. Yours might be playing mono sound out of both speakers?<snip>
Yes your correct, HSP (need new glasses or a better keyboard).
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Ok,

Having grown bored with one song at a time I created this script

#!/bin/sh

echo -e "1. shuffle or 2. ordered?"
read desire

if [ $desire -eq 1 ]; then
/usr/bin/mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth -ac ffmp3 -shuffle *
elif [ $desire -eq 2 ]; then
/usr/bin/mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth -ac ffmp3 *
else
echo "Very Funny, now re-run this script and chose 1 or 2 not $desire"
fi

Saved it as /usr/bin/btmplayer, chmod'd it 755 and now I can cd to a dir and type btmplayer ... and it plays the dir.

Last edited by linuxrebel; 2007-12-29 at 11:02.

anyone know if Logitech Freepulse Wireless should work? I haved paired the device, made the first post changes (also tried with and without un-commenting the last two lines from audio.conf, what do these last lines do btw?)

but no sound. mplayer informs me alsa-lib: pcm_bluetooth.c:1158bluetooth_cfg) Error 22 while configuring device

is freepulse a A2DP device? what am i missing here?

i have version 2 and they work, i believe that version 1 whilst using bluetooth didn't use a2dp but a protocol developed by logitech

Originally Posted by thesandbag View Post
i have version 2 and they work, i believe that version 1 whilst using bluetooth didn't use a2dp but a protocol developed by logitech
I don't know the version, how to check it? its model F-0461B. it pairs and plays with my Nokia N95, but i can't determine if it's connecting A2DP or some other way. N810 only tells me that it's an audio device. I don't have my bt-usb dongle with me, so i can't use my laptop with ubuntu right now. does chinook/os2008/N810 have something like hcitool etc. to determine what profiles my logitech supports?

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I can't get my a2dp headphones (plantronics) to pair as a2dp: I Just get HFP and HSP. Is this a problem with the os2008? The headset does support a2dp. Strange!

Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
I can't get my a2dp headphones (plantronics) to pair as a2dp: I Just get HFP and HSP. Is this a problem with the os2008? The headset does support a2dp. Strange!
Not to be rude or anything, but that is the whole situation we are in. A2DP is not supported is OS2008, and when you mess with xterm or whatever (read the entire thread), you can get A2DP to work, but it still does not work very well because it consumes ~50% of the CPU; therefore, you cannot do anything else. So far, it has only worked successfully when you pair headphones using the HF/HS Profiles. At least, using the new 2008 OS. My question is, why did Nokia release the new OS without A2DP support in the first place?

The Following User Says Thank You to bartsimpson123844 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Thanks for the summary BartSimpson; I read the thread three times, but it is a confusing thread (and I'm tired!). Do you really mean that A2DP works under the HF/HS profiles? Or that you get bluetooth sound but not really A2DP? I know, I know, we would all like the answer to that.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
The alsa buffer stuff appears to be specified in the mplayer alsa module, in libao2/ao_alsa.c in the init() function. I figured out how to force a larger buffer (IE, the same settings used on your PC and Zaurus) but I unfortunately can't get mplayer to compile in my scratchbox (with or without my changes) so I haven't been able to see if that would help. Can anyone here get scratchbox to successfully build an armel deb for mplayer1.0rc1.24?

Last edited by rm_you; 2007-12-30 at 16:44.

Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Now that Milhouse's a2dp hack on longer works in Kagu with the N800 firmware, and I can no longer listen satisfactorily to my music with my Motorola Bluetooth headphones, and a substitute a2dp conversion hack is apparently still in its infant stages, I've partially thrown in the towel and ordered myself a a2dp Bluetooth tongle for $19 plus shipping, which is advertised to work with all mp3 or otherwise portable music players. Let's see if it does the trick for me, while this N800 a2dp matter is being sorted out. I thought from comments in this forum that the new firmware was supposed to include an a2dp capability.
As a follow-up to my above-quoted posting, I have received my miniature mp3 A2dp dongle, and it works perfectly on all my mp3 players (especially including the N800). None of the initial start-up static I'd previously encountered using Milhouse's ingenious hack with Kagu. This dongle, which only cost about $20 plus shipping, and is available all over eBay, plugs right into the audio jack and is quite inconspicuous. Until we get an integrated a2dp facility again for the N800 -- and even possibly beyond -- this dongle will get much use. The only limitation to its use is that you must have Bluetooth headphones that pair with the "0000" code -- as my Motorola does.