Active Topics

No, ssh server and client come on N9 preinstalled. You might want to enable "developer mode" to remove some restrictions, and to get access to devel-su.

Originally Posted by tanu View Post
thanxs Arie and AlMehdi for the clarification.

edit:
it didn't work for me
If you did "mv /usr/ /" then it would not have worked (some posts have gotten it wrong). It should be "mv usr/ /" (notice on less "/"). The first (wrong) one just moves the original /usr/ to where it already is located, while the second one moves /home/user/MyDocs/usr/ to /usr/.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by quantumboredom View Post
If you did "mv /usr/ /" then it would not have worked (some posts have gotten it wrong). It should be "mv usr/ /" (notice on less "/"). The first (wrong) one just moves the original /usr/ to where it already is located, while the second one moves /home/user/MyDocs/usr/ to /usr/.
Ok so when I do what you said to do with the one vs the other it tells me it says:
mv: can't remove 'usr': Is a directory
So what do I do now?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Ok so when I do what you said to do with the one vs the other it tells me it says:
mv: can't remove 'usr': Is a directory
So what do I do now?
Went through again, trying something else... will update this post in a few minutes...

Edit:

Went through and mv /home/user/MyDocs/usr /usr
I think this is what I used, I now have it working....

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Last edited by Arie; 2011-11-27 at 21:17.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by tanu View Post
Hi guys, this phone is bascially my introduction in to linux...
but the last step..
mv /usr/ / [press enter]
wouldn't that just take the root usr folder and move it to root.. hence no change ??
You are right in theory. In practice any sane OS will notice that you are moving a directory to the same place that is already and give you an error.

No, you're moving the file to /usr/ / and it should overwrite the file...
you are moving a folder, not a file..

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
As you are located in MyDocs.. it will take the folder "/home/user/MyDocs/usr/" and move it to "/". It will then merge the content with the /usr/ already there.
Not true.. Since you say "/foldername/" then you give a hardcoded path.
If you had said "foldername/" then it is a relative path. That is, would start from the location you are already are. You can find where you are with the command "pwd"

Hope it helps.

Should landscape menu be working on a N9? Not working for me, and trying to find out if I copied the contents properly.

EDIT:

So yes, what I had done wrong was copy the contents wrong. Double check your files with the 'vi' editor to make sure, it is possible you copied stuff wrong too. All the commands mentioned here are incorrect as far as what I tried. there is no mv -R in the system so when you just do mv usr/ / it say's "Can't remove 'usr/': It is a directory, as it should. So the next thing I tried is cp -R which indeed worked.

Copy the usr directory into your base root via PC. This will be /home/user/MyDocs on the phone system. From terminal:

gain devel-su
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cp -R usr/ /
them rm -rf usr (!! MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN /home/user/MyDocs when you do this, not to delete you /usr. Double check your current path location by 'pwd' !!) to delete the now duplicate files which you initially transferred.

Last edited by Glavata; 2011-11-28 at 08:56.

Originally Posted by Glavata View Post
Should landscape menu be working on a N9? Not working for me, and trying to find out if I copied the contents properly.
Yes, landscape menu works on my N9, you need to go into the meegotouchhome.css and edit where it says locked-orientation: "portrait" to locked-orientation: ""

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^ Thanks,

I didn't bother looking as I still don't have my White N9 to compare it's stock config with this.
F2thaK, if there's more to it & if you've got 5-min, I'd interested in reading, thank-you.
Like jalyst said, I just went through each file and halved the duration time, and reduced some of the delays.

Landscape mainscreens MOD is NOT part of this.

Edit: Edited first post.

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-11-28 at 05:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
so.. thanks for mod, but is there way to edit files right in SSH?
i mean that i connect via WinSCP to phone and edit those files? and if that can be done.. could someone tell me how? thanks.

Yes, landscape menu works on my N9, you need to go into the meegotouchhome.css and edit where it says locked-orientation: "portrait" to locked-orientation: ""
Thanks, what mv cmd did you use? Seems like a lot of discussion on that, want to make sure I got mine right, because ls -l lists my files as still being from back in september.

EDIT:

So yes, what I had done wrong was copy the contents wrong. Double check your files with the 'vi' editor to make sure, it is possible you copied stuff wrong too. All the commands mentioned here are incorrect as far as what I tried. there is no mv -R in the system so when you just do mv usr/ / it say's "Can't remove 'usr/': It is a directory, as it should. So the next thing I tried is cp -R which indeed worked.

Copy the usr directory into your base root via PC. This will be /home/user/MyDocs on the phone system. From terminal:

gain devel-su
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cp -R usr/ /
them rm -rf usr (!! MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN /home/user/MyDocs when you do this, not to delete you /usr. Double check your current path location by 'pwd' !!) to delete the now duplicate files which you initially transferred.

Last edited by Glavata; 2011-11-28 at 08:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Glavata For This Useful Post: