Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
That's the plan, though not directly on maemo.org, I don't think, but an upcoming site. Stay tuned.
Check out http://www.talkshoe.com

They provide the entire mechanism for podcasting as well as hosting the podcast files for you and widgets to make it easy to post your podcasts on your own blog or websites.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
That's the plan, though not directly on maemo.org, I don't think, but an upcoming site. Stay tuned.
If you don't find something better, we could publish it on my own website - for free. I could create an own layout for it (similiar to the current one). You'll see, I have some shows on the German part of it - so I should know how to embed the episodes.

I think we should publish it under a Creative Commons license, so that people are able to legally share the podcast with their freinds and embed it on their own webpages.

What about writing a short article for each episode with links, pics and clips? ( - long videopodcasts may be a problem for low connections and not as easy to listen on the go.)

What about using voicemails from our listeners?

Last edited by mag4you; 2009-09-01 at 18:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to mag4you For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Check out http://www.talkshoe.com

They provide the entire mechanism for podcasting as well as hosting the podcast files for you and widgets to make it easy to post your podcasts on your own blog or websites.
We can use this for podcasting - but we need an own web presence with articles and additional media.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by mag4you View Post
If you don't find something better, we could publish it on my own website - for free. I could create an own layout for it (similiar to the current one). You'll see, I have some shows on the German part of it - so I should know how to embed the episodes.

I think we should publish it under a Creative Commons license, so that people are able to legally share the podcast with their freinds and embed it on their own webpages.

What about writing a short article for each episode with links, pics and clips? ( - long videopodcasts may be a problem for low connections and not as easy to listen on the go.)

What about using voicemails from our listeners?
Some great ideas there. Yes, creative commons is what we'll go with. I wouldn't worry too much about video podcasts. Mr. Jack Black up there looks a hell of a lot better than I do.

we should start some background discussion via IM. What about Skype?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Let me put this first one out and then we'll talk about all that.

I'm sure Quim, Jussi, and/or Peter won't mind guesting on the podcast via skype. Another suggestion for an episode is with Andrew and Tim, to talk about what they've seen at NW09.

I wonder if the show can be done all through the N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
I'm sure Quim, Jussi, and/or Peter won't mind guesting on the podcast via skype. Another suggestion for an episode is with Andrew and Tim, to talk about what they've seen at NW09.
I'm betting Quim would love to guest on a show hosted by Maemo people. The sorts of uninformed (and, thus, often unanswerable) questions I've heard put to him on other shows often made me chuckle.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post

I wonder if the show can be done all through the N900.
I've been planning on interviewing several people around Maemo including Nokia employees, longtime community members and hell, even some who are new to the tablets. It might be interesting to get their take on things.

I'd love to be able to say "made entirely on an N900", but I'll need to have one first. Someone whip up a port of Audacity?

I'll see what I can do on the N810 I do have though.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mag4you View Post
We can use this for podcasting - but we need an own web presence with articles and additional media.
Like this?
http://blackrockpodcast.blogspot.com/

This is my podcast's blog. We use the Talkshoe widgets to serve up the podcasts but we do it entirely in Talkshoe and then just update the blog for the episode and then people comment on a per-episode basis.

Tags
maemo, podcast